This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein Kara owns me a favour. ><

Yes, me and Kara's callers seriously do overlap. I'm not kidding. I get directly exposed to her customers through one of our clients. It all makes sense now, doesn't it? ><

Rage

While I do appreciate having the morning ops come in to relieve me, the down side is I have to stop swearing out loud. Thus I must remain contented by shaking my first at the monitor in silent rage. I am full of rage. Rage and Beaver Buzz. Oh yes.

So many jackasses tonight…why are there so many jackasses? Its like a constant, unfaltering stream of jackass as if they're rolling off of some sort of jackass production line somewhere at some high tech jackass factory. Curse you, jackass factory. CURSE YOU.

The Rift

Me: "and what's the expiration date?"
    SC: "Oh, uh….just one moment……<click>"
    "….."

Literally 3 seconds later he calls right back

SC: "Oh hi, I just called a few minutes ago?"
    Me: "...."

A few minutes ago, eh? Maybe you better keep your Visa in your wallet rather then that gaping rift into an alternate dimension where time has no meaning that must be in your living room. I wish I had a gaping rift in my living room. I'd push people into it and laugh. People like you.

Favours

SC: "Can you call <Kara's company> right now and make them turn on my phone?! I need my phone RIGHT NOW!"

Survey says "no". I actually have a friend that works at <Kara's company>. She would stab me in the face with the nearest object she could reach if I redirected your butt crack mining stupidity in her direction. I can do without having the back of my nasal cavity violated by a neon green highlighter so you're going to have to learn to live without a cell phone for 4 hours of your miserable "trying to pay my cell phone bill at 4 am in a dingy gas station" life.

If you need your phone RIGHT NOW as you indicated, may I direct you to the miraculous invention know as the "payphone"? I hear they actually like, put them out on the STREET where anyone can use them! HOW AWESOME IS THAT?! HOLY @#$! I'M GOING TO GO USE ONE RIGHT NOW! Lemme call you! What's your number?!

Oh wait, you can't receive a call because your cell phone is off. Sucks to be you, yuppie spawn.

Playoff Commentary

Me: "and your postal code?"
    SC: "Uh……that’s a good question."

Yes, yes it is. Now if you could give me a good answer we'd be a roll, wouldn't we? Hell, if you could give me a good reason to keep listening to you dribble on the receiver we'd have a hat trick! Then maybe we wouldn't be down 3-1 to those Monkey Ducks or whatever the hell it is those asshats in Anaheim call themselves now. Er, wait, what were we talking about again?

Antlered Rage

SC: "Oh, you're still open are you?"

You sound surprised. Which indicates you called despite the fact you thought we were closed. This enrages me. I will now begin fervently hoping that you're pulled screaming from your car by a raging bull moose and vigorously mauled during your commute to work this morning. I hope you weren't planning on going to Starbucks first either. Lattes only make them angry. You wouldn't like them when they're angry.

3 Strike Rule
    ( This guy had the thickest, inbred backwoods red neck accent/dialect too. >< )

Me: "Ok, the number is xxx-"
    SC: "xxx"
    Me: "246"
    SC: "Wha?"
    SC: "1?"
    Me: "2-4-6"
    SC: "206?"
    Me: "24-6…"
    SC: "I can't unnerstan you"
    Me: "2-4-6. 24-6. 2-46?"
    SC: "………still can’t"
    Me: "2.....4......6"
    SC: "7?"
    SC: "24?"
    SC: "246?"
    Me: "Yes!"

Argggghhhhhh. That’s it! No more! You only get 3 tries! You have run out lives. You have no credits left. You've run out of quarters. You’ve struck out. You've up retard creek without the paddle OR the friggan boat. As I said you only get 3 tries. If you fail on those 3, which you did, gloriously, then I have no recourse but to you have you dragged out to the woods, stripped naked, smeared with honey, tied bent over to a tree stump and left in bear country. Sorry, Skippy, but it’s the only way to be sure you never bother us again.

Sigh, and this is only day 1...

Ah, Gravekeeper, your misery never fails to brighten our lives!

Seriously, though, I don't think I've run into people so brilliantly ignorant and stupid as the people you get nightly.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
      She would stab me in the face with the nearest object she could reach if I redirected your butt crack mining stupidity in her direction. I can do without having the back of my nasal cavity violated by a neon green highlighter so you're going to have to learn to live without a cell phone for 4 hours of your miserable "trying to pay my cell phone bill at 4 am in a dingy gas station" life.
      Oh come on now, I wouldn't stab you with a neon green highlighter. I have a pink one and a brown one that smells like chocolate. I guess that would fill your final moments with the wonderful aroma of chocolaty death.

Nay, there's nary enough penetration force in a highlighter. Besides, the nearest object at my disposal is usually my mechanical pencil since I'm always writing at my desk (gotta do something in between calls, after all). But in my writing/art bag I carry with me, I also have an illustrator's pen with 3 interchangeable tips of varying thickness and sharpness. I've also got a pair of scissors in my rolling cabinet under my desk, as well as a wide assortment of push pins and ink pens.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, thanks for not forcing me to kill you
      Last edited by Kara; 05-03-2007, 04:56 PM.
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Rage and Beaver Buzz. Oh yes.
        Sounds like a sex toy.

Comment

SC: "Can you call <Kara's company> right now and make them turn on my phone?! I need my phone RIGHT NOW!"
          So, my question is - what phone exactly were they calling FROM at 4 in the morning???
          Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Me: "Ok, the number is xxx-"
            SC: "xxx"
            SC: "Wha?"
            SC: "1?"
            Me: "2-4-6"
            SC: "206?"
            Me: "24-6…"
            SC: "I can't unnerstan you"
            Me: "2-4-6. 24-6. 2-46?"
            SC: "………still can’t"
            Me: "2.....4......6"
            SC: "7?"
            SC: "24?"
            SC: "246?"
            Me: "Yes!"
            2-4-6-8 Who do we appreciate? Gravekeeper, Gravekeeper, yaaaaay Gravekeeper!!!!!

(we need a pompom waving cheerleader smiley...guess high-fivers'll hafta do...)
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post

I guess what I'm trying to say is, thanks for not forcing me to kill you

You're...er, welcome? neon green and neon pink were all that were near me at the time. I wouldn't risk any of my drawing pencils or pens which I also keep in a bag that comes with me where ever I go....are you my doppleganger or something? ><

I keep my usb thumbdrive in my pocket at all times in case I'm struck with the urge to write too.

Also, Beaver Buzz is the nector of the Gods but I don't think you can get it anywhere but north of the border. ^^

Comment

Every day I get those "I need my phone now!!" calls.

People come on, if you really needed it as much as you claim, you could at least pay the damned bill.

Comment

I wouldn't risk any of my drawing pencils or pens which I also keep in a bag that comes with me where ever I go.

I keep my usb thumbdrive in my pocket at all times in case I'm struck with the urge to write too.
                  This thing is starting to go well above and beyond mere coincidence. I should call my mom tomorrow and ask her if she's sure she didn't have twins. Or if I'm adopted (would that mean I'm imported from Canada?).

I just bought a thumbdrive a few weeks ago so I could type at work and at home (I always write everything longhand first, then type revisions. I'm oldschool like that).

This merits further research. Though I should maintain my distance from you physically in case we are doubles. You know, cause of that whole "destroying the universe" thing if we were ever to meet.

Comment

I smell romance in the air.....

cutenoob
                    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                      This thing is starting to go well above and beyond mere coincidence. I should call my mom tomorrow and ask her if she's sure she didn't have twins. Or if I'm adopted (would that mean I'm imported from Canada?).

I just bought a thumbdrive a few weeks ago so I could type at work and at home (I always write everything longhand first, then type revisions. I'm oldschool like that).

This merits further research. Though I should maintain my distance from you physically in case we are doubles. You know, cause of that whole "destroying the universe" thing if we were ever to meet.

Should ask mine the same question.

Exactly, I have my thumbdrive to carry stuff between work and home. Although I never write it down first. Tires my wrist out because I hold a pen in my right hand as if I was left handed. Plus its much easier to correct my atrocious grammar on the computer.

Since I only write fantasy/sci, I'm going to assume you do too. ;p

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post

cutenoob
                        That's Beaver Buzz.

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
                          Sorry, I be spoken for.

Since I only write fantasy/sci, I'm going to assume you do too. ;p
                          Naturally.

Comment

Told you it was just Beaver Buzz. (You guys south of the border are missing out, seriously. ;p)

Besides, Kara is more like an bizarrely coincidental evil twin.....er...evilish twin....eviler...ok neither of us can be the good twin. See? The world would end if we met. You were warned.

Comment

The world would end if we met. You were warned.
                              Just invite me to the meeting, I want to get pictures of the end of the world!!
                              The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Working...
                              X