This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    Tires my wrist out because I hold a pen in my right hand as if I was left handed.
    Wait, lefties have a specific way to hold the pen? Maybe THAT'S why my penmenship sucks so much!
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
      Just invite me to the meeting, I want to get pictures of the end of the world!!
      I'll let you know if I finally snap from all the absurd, whiny, needy phone customers telling me what they think they deserve and how unfair it is that I won't give it to them, and I scream, throw my headset across the call center, then drive to the airport and buy a one-way ticket North.

The event would be worth a picture for posterity, even if existence would cease faster than you can smile and say "Cheese!"

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
      Wait, lefties have a specific way to hold the pen? Maybe THAT'S why my penmenship sucks so much!
      Yeah, it's actually different. Not knowing any lefties, I'm not 100% certain how it's different, but I've heard it is so.

I write tiny and fast. My handwriting is not all pretty like a lot of people seem to expect. Even I have to squint sometimes to try and figure out what I wrote (there's a saying that you can identify the writer by their illegible handwriting). The other day, as I was furiously scribing at work, my wrist hurt so bad by the end of the day that I felt like crying. But I was almost finished with a story I've been working on (well, on again, off again) for 6 years, and I was determined to finish before clocking out. Success was achieved, by the way

Writing question for GK: Do you plan everything out with plot outlines and tons of preparation before getting started, or do you let an idea play out in your head and just write down what's happening? I plan to some slight degree, but most of the time the characters decide to do their own thing. They actually surprise me sometimes by what they say and do that I hadn't been expecting. I put my pencil on the paper and let the stories write themselves.
      Last edited by Kara; 05-04-2007, 12:51 PM.
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
        Yeah, it's actually different. Not knowing any lefties, I'm not 100% certain how it's different, but I've heard it is so.
        I don't know how it may be different, but here I am....
        Attached Files

Comment

Many lefties curve their wrist up and around, so that the pen is coming in from an approx 12 o'clock position. They do this to keep their hands off the fresh ink on the left. Righties tend to hold their wrist straight with the pen coming in from 6 o'clock. My fiance is a righty that writes like a lefty. It is some the worst chicken scratch I have ever seen.
          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

My handwriting is atrocious and I can type much faster then I write. Which still isn't fast enough to keep up with my train of thought sometimes. Which is why my grammar sucks. I'm trying to keep up. -.-

Kara: Same to be honest. I'll eventually start keeping notes on characters, place names etc. ( Like keeping my physical descriptions straight when I have a whole cast going ). But really I brainstorm where I want to start, where I want to go and some of the landmarks in between. Then I generally let the characters find there way between the points. I've been surprised a few times myself. I *love* character interaction.

I dislike most of my older writing. I keep looking back and thinking I can write better now. So older stuff is embarrassing. I do the same with my art. Its like everything I create has an expiration date before I flip out, go back and redo it better. -.-

I can send you some stuff if ya want.

Comment

Precisely the same (okay, let's go ahead and cue the eerie music). I know where point A and point B are, and it's up to them to get there. "Okay, blue skies and tranquility here, there's the near-destruction of the world you must prevent with lots of pain and suffering in between, and there's the tragic, bittersweet ending (my current epic). Well, get to it you guys!"

I'd love to see your work. All my manuscripts are handwritten, so I can't do the same for now. I'm about to start typing the final drafts of my 3 part story I finished, so I can send you stuff as I go, if you want.

I think we've shredded the original thread. Probably should have done this in PM. Oh well.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                Many lefties curve their wrist up and around, so that the pen is coming in from an approx 12 o'clock position. They do this to keep their hands off the fresh ink on the left. Righties tend to hold their wrist straight with the pen coming in from 6 o'clock. My fiance is a righty that writes like a lefty. It is some the worst chicken scratch I have ever seen.
                Yep, thats me. I have to be careful because I end up smudging my own writing with my hand. My roman catholic grandparents probably thought left was the mark of the devil or something and made me go for right ;p I wouldn't put it past them.

I can remember having special pencil grips to try and correct my mutant tendencies.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                  Precisely the same (okay, let's go ahead and cue the eerie music). I know where point A and point B are, and it's up to them to get there. "Okay, blue skies and tranquility here, there's the near-destruction of the world you must prevent with lots of pain and suffering in between, and there's the tragic, bittersweet ending (my current epic). Well, get to it you guys!"

I'd love to see your work. All my manuscripts are handwritten, so I can't do the same for now. I'm about to start typing the final drafts of my 3 part story I finished, so I can send you stuff as I go, if you want.

I think we've shredded the original thread. Probably should have done this in PM. Oh well.
                  Sure, lemme escape the office here (in 11 minuets and 23 seconds) and get my arse home then I can send you some stuff. I could use another writer to run stuff by. ><

Comment

If you need your phone RIGHT NOW as you indicated, may I direct you to the miraculous invention know as the "payphone"? I hear they actually like, put them out on the STREET where anyone can use them! HOW AWESOME IS THAT?! HOLY @#$! I'M GOING TO GO USE ONE RIGHT NOW!
                    Heh. Not too many public payphones out here anymore. Out of the few that are left, the majority don't work.

What a shame. Payphones rule!!!!
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
                      I smell romance in the air.......
                      Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                      Sorry, I be spoken for.
                      I would just like to point out that when RW and I first started talking privately here, she was spoken for as well. And when we first started communicating, romance was the furthest thing from either of our minds. Well, romance with each other, anyways.

Not saying anything about the two of you. Just making an observation is all.

Quoth Banrion View Post
                      Just invite me to the meeting, I want to get pictures of the end of the world!!
                      And pray tell who would you show them to?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Oooh... writer-ly people... rather, other writerly people.

.... I do all the same stuff... except that I do writing on Google docs (online) these days ... not quite as portable as a thumb drive, but no worries about loss or damage.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          Not saying anything about the two of you. Just making an observation is all.
                          Yeah, uh...

It wouldn't work. Let's just say that GK isn't soft and curvy enough for my preferences.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                            Yeah, uh...

It wouldn't work. Let's just say that GK isn't soft and curvy enough for my preferences.
                            Indeed. I am tall, wirey and flat chested. -.-

Although in keeping with the running theme, I do share Kara's tastes.

Comment

Indeed. I am tall, wirey and flat chested. -.-
                              damn.... uh..... *drool*?
                              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Sure, lemme escape the office here (in 11 minuets and 23 seconds) and get my arse home then I can send you some stuff. I could use another writer to run stuff by. ><
                                I'm also a writer, and an editor by trade. If you want help, let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X