This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
    I wonder what would happen if these devil music people saw their favorite bands when they aren't in front of a camera. Sitting at home in a sweater sipping hot tea (or in the case of most of these guys these days, Metamucil), reading the kids bedtime stories by the fire, helping little old ladies across the street, selling brownies at the church bake sale, and so on. Most of the fans don't realize that the whole death/satan thing is just an act (well, for most bands) and most of them go home, comb their hair, and go back to being "normal." I've heard that Marilyn Manson and Danzig (I've mentioned that before, but it's relevant again) are like the nicest, most "normal" guys you could ever meet when they're not "in character."
    Actually I think most fans do. It's just fun to act like the band really is leading you to Satan when you got some uppity religious nut saying to your face that the band worships the devil. Another example of this is Satanists of the Levy branch. Most of them do not actually worship the Devil it's all part of riling up fruitcake Christians to these Satanists it's not actually Satan they are worshiping nor an image. The black mass, church of Satan are all parts of a public facade to rile up certain people. They do know the supposed gothic Satanism rituals that date from the middle ages that were largely invented by the Christian churches but they don't believe in them or religiously practice them.

Plus you got to admit Tritones are the devil's interveral according to Christian music history and heavy metal music uses a lot of tritones.

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post
      he behaves himself for all of ten minutes before i hear him ranting about slayer and metallica and devil music and how is the sign for satan or some such nonsense.
      Well.... according to the best research, that sign is most likely based on the old world signs for all sorts of things, particularly warding against the evil eye. *snicker*

Quoth sportsmom View Post
      Somehow, I can picture Lars Ulrich doing that, and Kirk Hammett too, actually. Weird.
      Not Lars... he's a little too full of himself, but Kirk would. I can see James there, too.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
        I have hardcore evidence AGAINST the fact that Metallica is satan music. The Gregorian Monks have covered Nothing Else Matters. You don't get much more hardcore religious than monkhood.
        So has the Vienna Boys Choir.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth sportsmom View Post
          Somehow, I can picture Lars Ulrich doing that, and Kirk Hammett too, actually. Weird.
          Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Not Lars... he's a little too full of himself, but Kirk would. I can see James there, too.
          I picture them wearing spiffy aprons and chef's hats.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I could totally picture Manson selling Barbie make up too...or Mary Kay or something. Manson's a smart guy because he KNOWS his "character" sells and uses that to his advantage as much as possible. Every time he gets some right wing fruitcakes or knee jerk advocacy group riled up over an album cover or something its money in the bank for him.

Still, I don't know how he can claim Metallica is the devil while Pink Floyd is sitting there....

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              Still, I don't know how he can claim Metallica is the devil while Pink Floyd is sitting there....
              Geez, people see titles like "Fade to Black" and "The God That Failed" and think "DEVIL'S MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!"

Let these people see my guys' band, AnAkA, and their first CD--called Down Devil's Road.

Blah.
              Unseen but seeing
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Next time you see him, look him dead in the eye, and say, evenly and slowly, "Pink Floyd sucks."

If he throws a fit, he's an overcompensating poser, if he's cool with it, he's the real deal.

Metal artist I admire for his balls and intelligence (if not his makeup choices): Dee Snyder. He totally OWNED Tipper Gore!
                ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

And now I bring you.... synchronized head banging!
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=JFq2YJKYa...elated&search=

Comment

If you want to really throw him into fits, just tell him that you'll listen to his chatter if he can get any radio station to play the following song

"Seven Species of Small Furry Animals Sitting Around a Campfire Grooving With a Pict."

Yes, that's the song's name, and it's a floyd song. Most stations don't have it in their library, and those that do won't play it because the song is like thirty minutes long.
                    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                      "Seven Species of Small Furry Animals Sitting Around a Campfire Grooving With a Pict."
                      I'm surprised! It's in Scots! I'm impressed that they knew what a Pict is! (Not to nitpick, but it's "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict" )

And as for the devil worshipping thing - hell, Alice Cooper, Alice freakin' Cooper is a born-again Christian, for crying out loud!!!
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                        That's one I'm not familiar with. Which disk is it on?

(You could also try to get them to play "Echoes". I consider that one of the best Floyd songs ever. And it tips in at over 23 minutes.)
                        Last edited by Ree; 05-06-2007, 05:44 AM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                          And now I bring you.... synchronized head banging!
                          No fair!!!! I have dial up!!!! It'll take forever!!!!
                          Last edited by Ree; 05-06-2007, 05:46 AM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote
                          Unseen but seeing
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Repsac
                            Quoth Pagan View Post
                            (Not to nitpick, but it's "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict" )
                            Those are two different (but similar) Floyd songs, actually. =^_^=
                            Last edited by Ree; 05-06-2007, 05:45 AM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                              No fair!!!! I have dial up!!!! It'll take forever!!!!
                              You can come over and share my cable

Comment

I have the cave one in MP3 format. I played it on the stereo at work one day and had people blining.

Ah, good times...

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                                X