X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
    You can come over and share my cable
    I'm on my way, holding a sign that says, "AFpheonix's house or bust".

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    I have the cave one in MP3 format.
    Share? :looking hopeful:
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Yay! We can cruise the internets and drink copious amounts of margaritas together!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
        Metal artist I admire for his balls and intelligence (if not his makeup choices): Dee Snyder. He totally OWNED Tipper Gore!
        Dee Snyder is awesome and he's got worlds of brains and wisdom, too.

"Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict" is off of the "Ummagumma" album. The 'lyrics' are something else. I have the mp3 (which I ripped myself from CD) on my computer at work. "Animals" is also a major classic album.

I've only seen Pink Floyd in concert once, for The Wall. No, not the one in Berlin, but the original in Los Angeles. At the Sport Arena. When I was 9. I bought my own ticket, even. The guys behind my family were convinced that me and my brother (who is younger) were going to freak. We enjoyed the whole show, but that guy had to bail out before the end. Wuss.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Surprisingly, I rarely got any crap from anyone regarding the music I listen to. Maybe they're just afraid to say it to my face.

One of the few times I did, it was not from someone a generation or two older than me, but someone my own age. It was back in my college days, and was this girl that lived across the hall from me in the dorms. She head me listening to Iron Maiden, and said "I can't believe you listen to that devil shit!"

"Don't you know that's the devil's music?"

I think I really pissed her off when I told her I don't know the devil personally, so I wouldn't know what he listens to. She didn't speak to me again for awhile after that. Come to think of it, that wasn't really such a bad thing.

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Well.... according to the best research, that sign is most likely based on the old world signs for all sorts of things, particularly warding against the evil eye. *snicker*
          Actually, I heard that it actually means "I love you" in sign language. I don't know if that's true or not, but at the one Megadeth concert I went to, lead singer Dave Mustaine kind of put this one guy on the spot, who was in the front row and doing that. "Do you even know what that means? It means 'I love you' in sign language!"

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
          Metal artist I admire for his balls and intelligence (if not his makeup choices): Dee Snyder. He totally OWNED Tipper Gore!
          One of my coworkers told me a funny story from a Twisted Sister concert he went to, back in the day. They were still setting up, and a few of the band members, including Dee, were on the stage. One of the people helping set up was this one woman, and some guy in the front row yelled at her to "Show us your tits!"

Dee turned around, looked down at the guy, and just glared at him. From what my coworker told me, Dee is actually a pretty big guy, and would have towered over him even if he hadn't been on a stage. Then he spit down on him, and everyone else started laughing at the guy.

I'm guessing the woman that the guy yelled at like that was Dee's wife.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Dee Snyder was a great morning DJ for a couple years in the Hartford, CT market. WAAAYYYYYY better than Stern. Too bad the commute from LI to CT everyday got to be too much and he left.
            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
              Yay! We can cruise the internets and drink copious amounts of margaritas together!
              Rock on!!!!!!
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Nope, the "heavy metal" sign is not the same as the sign for "I love you" in sign language.

Sign for "I love you"
                Funny list of heavy metal hand signs.
                Shaka hand sign.

Dee's a sneaky guy. When he was asked to speak in front of the committee, he put together a really outstanding statement, then went into the meeting in torn jeans & a t-shirt, his hair about half-big, and he had his notes on lined paper that was folded up and tucked into his back pocket.

This was all calculated to lull the idiots into a false sense of security over them having chosen the right person to string up and he laid into them with all of the finesse of a true artist. They never saw it coming, and the media ate it up.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                  That's one I'm not familiar with. Which disk is it on?

(You could also try to get them to play "Echoes". I consider that one of the best Floyd songs ever. And it tips in at over 23 minutes.)
                  Or "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" once you put it back together as a whole which is very close to 26 minutes.... or the live version from any of the "In The Flesh 1977" shows that sometimes the second half of the song alone would be near 20 minutes complete with a 10 minute David Gilmour guitar solo.
                  New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                  New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                    Surprisingly, I rarely got any crap from anyone regarding the music I listen to. Maybe they're just afraid to say it to my face.
                    People tend to just be amused that I listen to metal/hardcore. In my every day, corporate-friendly clothes, you'd never know, except maybe for the 7 piercings in my ears, that I'm into that type of stuff. I actually used to be a roadie/merch girl for a hardcore band in college...granted, they broke up and never did much, but it was still fun.
                    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I don't know the album, but the song I posted comes from the green one with the funky pictures where they kept changing position?
                      Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                        I have hardcore evidence AGAINST the fact that Metallica is satan music. The Gregorian Monks have covered Nothing Else Matters. You don't get much more hardcore religious than monkhood.
                        *Blinks* They also did the Circle of Life.... But wow, I'd love to hear that,

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                          *Blinks* They also did the Circle of Life.... But wow, I'd love to hear that,
                          The video is on Youtube. When I get home I will try to find a link.
                          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

*MadMike's last post*
                            1. Iron Maiden is definitely not devil music. "The Number Of The Beast" isn't as terrible as you think it is.
                            2. Technically, the sign language for "I love you" is the metal sign, but with the thumb extended, not with the thumb tucked in, as with the metal sign.
                            3. Dee Snider is awesome. Proof? He has a pink poodle with a black mohawk.
                            Last edited by Gawdzillers; 05-10-2007, 01:44 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
                            "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                              I don't know the album, but the song I posted comes from the green one with the funky pictures where they kept changing position?
                              Ummagumma.
                              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                                The Gregorian Monks have covered Nothing Else Matters. You don't get much more hardcore religious than monkhood.
                                I just downloaded this. It rocks!
                                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                                X