Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the whole voice thing, the six months I worked in a call center, I used to get women on the other end of the phone constantly flirting with me/trying to pick me up. I commented on this one day to a supervisor, and she said she didn't know why. Right then a call beeped in, and I answered it....and when said sup heard me answering the call, she said "That's why!" Apparently without realizing it for calls I switched into my 1-900 voice.

Y'all DO know I used to be a broadcasting major and a DJ, right? Well, let's just say that I do possess one of the requisite talents.

Of course, the only one here that has ever heard me speak is ReformedWaitress, and she is probably a bit biased on the whole matter, don't ya know.

But having been told for years by all sorts of people I have a great voice (and not believing one iota in false modesty), I have to agree with people when they tell me this.

Oh, and GK? Use it to your advantage. Chicks dig The Voice. Trust me....it can work!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

ooh, lovely audio bonus

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
      I'm shocked by how....human you look. No glowing eyes, no pale complexion, no scythe, no swirling black aura.
      I agree with this too. You do look just like a regular guy. Is that red hair I see lurking there?
      P.S. Very nice.
      ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
      Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

Oh, and GK? Use it to your advantage. Chicks dig The Voice. Trust me....it can work!
        Jester, you are completely evil. Please, leave the girls with their sanity and dignity intact. How will we concentrate at work with the memories of all that smooth velvety voice? We will be swooning on the floor, collapsing in heaps while heaving huge sighs. No work will get done....
        ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
        Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

omg and he's CUTE too! This is so unfair. i'm at the wrong end of the country LMAO

Wanna visit Ottawa, GK? :P I'll show you around the touristy stuff! (and now, to ease off the stalkerish creep-out I'm likely giving you.... I'm too old for you and have kids, so all I'd be forcing on you is the touristy stuff LOL)
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Wow that audio call was great!

I love that... "You aren't gonna make it are you?"

And GK...WOW you do have that sexy call center voice!
            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              The picture lies ;p

But now, if I'm ever walking down the street and someone goes "Hey, I KNOW YOU" then I blame you all.
              Don't be so freakin' modest and take the compliment. You have a whole thread now dedicated to how good looking you are and how sexy your voice is. Most guys wouldn't complain

Plus, if someone goes "Hey, I KNOW YOU" and it's a cute fanline girl, are you really gonna complain?
              -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
              -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Feh

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2536/fehfk6.jpg

Here's a pic of a wirey nocturnal geekbeast with glasses and a bad complexion from being a vampire in a call center like enviroment somewhere on the west coast which may or may not be related to me in some way. ;p

Over a year old though.
                Oooh, you're a cutie! I love that wicked little smile you've got yourself.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                  "Hmm... I suppose a normal girl would have found him dashing. But I'm hardly...normal...." (as always, bonus points for reference)

I'm shocked by how....human you look. No glowing eyes, no pale complexion, no scythe, no swirling black aura. Not at all the way I imagined.

Management doesn't let me take them to work. -.-

Quoth Jester
                  Regarding the whole voice thing, the six months I worked in a call center, I used to get women on the other end of the phone constantly flirting with me/trying to pick me up. I commented on this one day to a supervisor, and she said she didn't know why. Right then a call beeped in, and I answered it....and when said sup heard me answering the call, she said "That's why!" Apparently without realizing it for calls I switched into my 1-900 voice.
                  I have the same problem. With older women especially. Even the occasional man ><. I've been asked out by guys 3 times on the line that I can remember.

We have one client that's a complete terror that runs up one side and down the other of any operator she speaks with when she calls. Everyone fears her. Except me, she likes me. ><

I have that voice switch too. Operator Voice(tm). Recordings of myself make me cringe as do pictures. Thus there are very few in known existence, I hate having my picture taken. ;p But a coworker had a digital camera and firm instructions from management to capture me.

Don't be so freakin' modest and take the compliment. You have a whole thread now dedicated to how good looking you are and how sexy your voice is. Most guys wouldn't complain
                  I'm not most guys. I'm largely embarrassed at the moment.
                  I'm an easy blusher and actually rather shy. If I was "fangirled" in the street I wouldn't know what to do. I may have to point over her shoulder and go "HOLY SHIT! NINJAS!" then run when she turns around.

Comment

Lessee....

*counts on fingers*

Nice voice, cute, witty & sarcastic, and a blusher.

You are aware that you're doomed to be stalked (in a nice way), right?

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Hey, baby... Comin' down to Alabama anytime soon?

You look young. I'm young. This could work. We could make it work.
                      Last edited by ContraCorriente; 05-08-2007, 09:51 PM.
                      "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
                      -FSTDT

Comment

Quoth ContraCorriente View Post
                        Hey, baby... Comin' down to Alabama anytime soon?

You look young. I'm young. This could work. We could make it work.
                        I just turned 27 in Feb. I am old and decrepit. ><

I was a bit tempted to get a pic of myself at work trying to hang myself with my headset. It would be more accurate. Every Halloween and Christmas when they put up the decorations I make little "Hung to death with his headset guy" paper cut outs and tape them to the decorations on the ceiling. I always picture management desperately trying to reach them to get them down before a client visits. ^^

Comment

I just turned 27 in Feb. I am old and decrepit. ><
                          I'm 31 and if you keep talking like that I'll come slap you. (Then again, you might like that...) I'm still a fangirl, though

BTW, did that cat in your avatar order that hat from you? Does he live in 867? Actually, scratch that, he's probably smarter than that...
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I was a bit tempted to get a pic of myself at work trying to hang myself with my headset. It would be more accurate. Every Halloween and Christmas when they put up the decorations I make little "Hung to death with his headset guy" paper cut outs and tape them to the decorations on the ceiling. I always picture management desperately trying to reach them to get them down before a client visits. ^^
                            Fun fact. Draperies get hung, people get hanged.

If you're talking about a person and you use the word "hung," then you're not discussing something that would be considered appropriate in mixed company. *snicker*

And knock it off with the old and decprepit stuff... sheesh... *grumble*mutter* whippersnapper.....

Comment

Every Halloween and Christmas when they put up the decorations I make little "Hung to death with his headset guy" paper cut outs and tape them to the decorations on the ceiling. I always picture management desperately trying to reach them to get them down before a client visits. ^^
                              I'm going to have to remember that for this year.

My team was lazy last year and we left our Halloween decorations up until people started to complain at Christmas because we still had skeletons and tombstones up. I seriously wanted to put Santa hats on the skeletons and string lights on the tombstones, but management said no
                              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                                My team was lazy last year and we left our Halloween decorations up until people started to complain at Christmas because we still had skeletons and tombstones up. I seriously wanted to put Santa hats on the skeletons and string lights on the tombstones, but management said no
                                Bummer. I think at my work I could get away with that sort of thing.

Then again, we get almost no customers actually showing up at the office, so it wouldn't be an issue. And if someone complained, I think the boss would take their complaint and then ignore it.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                                X