This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some sucky...Some not(long)

I thought I would join in with a few short tales from my work. I sell beer(and occasionally food) to local sports fans. Here are some sucky encounters and a few non-sucky ones, too.

Call the Waaaaambulance

Zu: me
    iw: idiot woman
    im: idiot man

iw:Zu? Are you Zu?
    im:Zu! You must be Zu! You can help us!
    Zu: (wtf? who are these people?)How can I help you?
    iw:Yeah, the man downstairs says you have Sam Adams - I *must* have a Sam Adams!
    Zu: Sure(figures out my boss must've told them my name and sent them up)

I proceed to open the cooler and pull out the only Sam I sell, Sam Light.

iw: (whining like a spoiled toddler) Waaaahhhhh(seriously - she said waahh) That's Sam Adams LIGHT. I *need* a REGULAR Sam Adams. Give me a REGULAR Sam Adams. I don't waaaant a Sam Adams Light(alright, enough with the whole d@mn name already).
    Zu: Sorry I just have Sammy Light.
    im:It's OK honey, it'll be OK. can you have a Sam Adams Light this time?(like you would talk to a toddler)
    iw:NO! It's not OK! (grow up already)
    Zu: (hiding my irritation) Would you like anything else?
    im:Yeah Honey, is there anything you would like?(almost pleading with her)
    iw: (full pout mode) SIGH I guess I can make do with a Bud.(She then did the whole pouty-lip thing, unbelievable)

Of course, no tip. Bad, bad Zu not having what the entitlement princess desired. I should have predicted her desires and brought a regular Sammy in to work with me.

Of course it's my fault

Some days we have kids hot dogs for a dollar. You can imagine the frenzy this causes. We frequently run out of dollar dogs by the middle of the game and there is a wait while more are prepared. This incident occurred while a long line of customers were (mostly)patiently waiting for the dogs to come out. I am on a register and not involved in the preparations in ANY way.

Zu:me again
    sd:sucky dad
    dm:disgusted mom

sd: (to no one in particular)This is RIDICULOUS! I am MISSING THE GAME! WHAT is the PROBLEM with these IDIOTS? I am NOT waiting a MINUTE LONGER! I am getting out of line and when these D@MN HOT DOGS are done I BETTER NOT have to WAIT IN ANOTHER LINE for them!!!1!!1! I will just walk up and get my food!
    dm: (behind him but not with him) Don't even THINK about trying to cut in front of ME! You get out of line and you LOSE you place.
    sd:I WILL NOT. I paid good money for these tickets and I REFUSE to miss any more of this game.
    Zu:thinking(Dude, everyone here paid the same money for their tickets. Everyone here is sick of waiting in line. Stop being a baby and eat at home, it's cheaper and the food is probably better for you as well.)

He whines and argues with the woman for a few more minutes then turns to me at my register.
    sd:This is all your fault, you are just sitting there doing nothing when we are waiting for our food.(stomps off)

Yup, it's my fault because I personally ate 3000 hot dogs and did not leave any for the fans. I appear to be doing nothing because everyone in my line is waiting on hot dogs. There is nothing to ring up.

And now for some nice ones...

Zu:you know who
    K:kid

Kid come up to my beer stand, a group of his friends are hanging back giggling.

K: (hopefully)Do you *really* need an ID to buy beer?(friends giggle harder)
    Zu:Yup. But I tell you what...(Kid looks hopeful) If you can show me a *real genuine* ID proving you are 21 I will sell you beer.
    K:OK I'll look for my ID.

His friends crack up and tease him a bit. They all walk away. Later in the game I see them at the food stand next to mine.

Zu: Hey! Did you find you ID yet?

He laughs and pats his pockets, tell me he is still looking and walks away. After the game as he is leaving He yells to me
    K:I never did find my ID, I guess I'll need to get a new one!

Sometimes kids are funny. I had another boy come to my stand one day, lean on the counter and confidently ask me to set him up with a round of beers.

Later that same day a couple come to my stand and buy two draft beers. As they are leaving I hear her ask him if he left a tip. He says he forgot and she yells at him. "You're a bartender - you know better than that!" He sheepishly returned to the stand and gave me two dollars. I bet he won't forget again.
Working...
X