This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth bannedanna View Post
    The other day going into work, I got onto an empty elevator, and when the doors closed, it felt like I was trapped in a frickin bottle of perfume.

Some woman stank herself up so much that her LINGERING smell was OVERPOWERING.
    I ran into one of those when I was grocery shopping awhile back, and I could smell it from several aisles over. I thought that was bad enough, but at some point I actually ended up in the same aisle as the walking perfume factory. And I was trying to fight of a migraine at the time, so that made it even worse.

I was never more glad to no longer be in retail. I pity the poor cashier whose register she stunk up.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

My only wish is that people who smoke wait a few minutes outside after they're done smoking. I'm highly allergic, and one fellow techie, and two of our previous work study students would always find some reason to come into my cube, or the entrance to my cube, and my temples would start pounding, my lungs would get tight, and the nausea would start rising.

Just stand outside, air out a little bit, THEN come bug me. Gah.

I feel sick just thinking about it!!!
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

I can say for a certainty that the brand of cigarettes will affect (to some degree) the type of stench the smoker will have.

If you smoke, you will stink of cigarettes to every non-smoker you encounter. You can't stop it (it comes out through your pores), and most of the time you can't smell it, either.
        Fun Fact: The scent receptors in your nose are finite in number and if you encounter enough of one or more scents that have the same molecule shape, you will stop being able to actively smell additional scents of that shape until the current molecules degrade and are replaced.

My brother is a smoker and he bathes at least once a day. Sometimes he will bathe twice a day. He brushes almost as often. He uses those powerful little breath drops, too. He always stinks of cigarettes.

Plus, I have noted that those who smoke also have a sort of bad breath that comes from deep down that smells not terribly unlike rotting food that's been left in a warm refrigerator for a day or two. (had a bad fridge once, so got first-hand experience with spoiled food) It is nearly vomit-inducing for me.

I also dislike Zippo lighter fluid. And I used to have a friend that would pass out if somone used a Zippo near him.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I am highly allergic to airborne stuff. The only perfume i can tollerate with out gasping for air is basically the essencial oils or soemthing light like lemon in a little alcohol, i cant tollarete fumes from cars or cigerate smoke, and i even have to keep my hair short because human hair can trap alot of politants and allergans that if they get in my face mean im coughing and sneezing and wheezing all day. That being said my mother loves perfume, so do my aunts. From age 10-13 every christmas and birthday i got perfume, the latest fashion sense, my moms favorite one, or lady stenson. I would open the box get hit by the smell from the CLOSED bottle, slam the box closed thank the aunt and give the box to my mother. This lead to about 40 bottles of unusuable perfume in my house (because i wouldnt wear it and mom only wears one kind) they stopped giving me the perfumes (all but two women that is) after a girl in my PE class desided to be a b*tch and spray her perfume on me in class. I had a rash all over my back (where she sprayed it) and trouble breathing. the girl didn't get into much trouble because she claimed she didnt know i was allergic ( i told her before when we where in the locker room that perfume made it hard for me to breath, and asked her not to spray it on near me) but i got to spend most of the day in the nurses office. So when im at work and those women who smell like they bathe in perfume come in, i hav e to litterly take a few steps back.

Comment

One thing for those who have problems with airborne allergens:

There is some herbal supplement called HAS that my family has used for years. Some of the family is notably allergic to cats, and our house has always had a number of cats in the household. A couple of capsules of HAS will usually keep them breathing clearly for about 4 hours.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              I can say for a certainty that the brand of cigarettes will affect (to some degree) the type of stench the smoker will have.
              Plus, I have noted that those who smoke also have a sort of bad breath that comes from deep down that smells not terribly unlike rotting food that's been left in a warm refrigerator for a day or two.

^-.-^
              Most likely that is due to the tar that has congealed in the smoker's lungs. That stuff is nasty. Go pick tabbocco plants or open up an electronic device that has a smoker has used for five years or more to understand why this stuff isn't something you would want in your lungs. There is a smelly substance sort of like brown super sticky snot in texture all throughout the insides of the electronic device. Next time I open a tv or radio that a smoker used I wear surgeon's glove because going through that stuff was once enough.

Comment

Working...
              X