This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA - Known sites affected by Heartbleed

It's time to change them passwords, ladies and gents...All of 'em.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

I changed my Facebook password, but I use 2-step verification for Google, so I shouldn't be that bad. Also, my bank said that their customers' info is safe, too.
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Note that even if you change your password, if a site has not replaced their certificate yet, it is potentially still vulnerable to someone capturing the traffic and decrypting it.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

For the record, I checked with our Admins/techs -- this site is NOT affected by Heartbleed; neither is Fratching.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Thanks for the list! I'm not on most of those sites. I already changed my PayPal password even though it says it's not a problem. Still need to change my Yahoo and Google ones, but I don't use them much anyway and never for anything connected to my bank account.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Just changed over my Facebook account. Had already changed Yahoo a few days ago after I received a prompt to do so.

Now off to change the Google password . . .
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
            X