Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure whether to laugh, facepalm, or both.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure whether to laugh, facepalm, or both.

So I was watching last night's episode of Cupcake Wars just now. For those who aren't familiar, it's a baking competition that is entirely for cupcake bakeries. The show has three rounds (taste, taste & presentation, and a giant showpiece) and at the end of each one, one of the four contestants is eliminated. Each episode has a different theme and event that they're making their cupcakes for.

This episode, the theme was the Chinese New Year celebration in Hollywood. The first round wasn't so much the weird part. It was the second round, where they have to make three different kinds of cupcakes that taste good and look pretty. One of the remaining three contestants messed up 8 ways to Sunday. How?

Contestant: In the second round, we really want to honor the Chinese culture through our decorations.

The decorations
    The first cupcake: A badly-sculpted fondant lotus flower
    The second cupcake: A fondant fortune cookie
    Third cupcake: A fondant Chinese takeout box with the words 'Thank You!' written on it.

I honestly couldn't decide whether to laugh, facepalm, or what. I did, though, have to ask aloud, "Really? That's what you're going with?"
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

A takeout box? That's American!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      As are fortune cookies.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        My dad used to work with a guy who swore you could make a fortune selling American 'Chinese Food' in China.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
        X