This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want Some Hotdish?

I consider myself an adventurous Wisconsin gal who loves her beef and dairy. So, in the past year and some odd months, I've taken to making all kinds of interesting hotdishes.

Tonight's.....well....I can't even eat more than a few spoonfulls without being full or feeling ill.

Something went wrong. It's overly delicous and rich.

I browned hamburger, mixed in mild taco seasoning, added brown rice and Velveeta cheese and sour cream.

I accidentally made nearly the entire box of rice.....I have so much that I have no idea how I can make this last.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

I've found that sour cream and any other dairy type product always makes me ill.

What you made otherwise sounds awesome

Comment

I put sour cream in everything from spaghetti to alfredo to elbow noodles and beef/cheese.

Comment

Sounds awesome. I'd take some and stuff some peppers or tomatoes with it!
        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Heck, if nothing else, get some of the inexpensive small plastic food storage containers and freeze what you have left in portions based on how much you're able to comfortably eat at one go. Voila! Lunch (or breakfast or dinner) for however long it holds out.

I love making what I call 'concoctions', basically the same style of thing you describe, except I'd have added some frozen corn probably. And maybe one or two small tomatoes diced up and mixed in. Something to think about for next time?

I use sour cream a lot as well. I'm going to be using some in my first attempt at Yorkshire pudding later today, to be served with a simple, rich beef and pork stew (gonna have to see if pureed steamed carrots can be tasted in it, BF hates cooked carrots and I wanna try to sneak em past him if I can).
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I'm pretty picky, I tend to stay away from peppers. I only go as spicy as Italian and the mildest types of Mexican additives for flavor.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
              I'm pretty picky, I tend to stay away from peppers. I only go as spicy as Italian and the mildest types of Mexican additives for flavor.
              I think she meant green or red peppers, stuffed with your rice stuff.
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Your concoction would probably be good warmed up with some tortilla chips. You could also take some and put it in a warmed up flour tortilla for a quick and easy burrito. If you have access to a microwave at work, that would make an easy dinner too.
                Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

If you haven't tried them Blas, red or yellow or orange bell peppers are terrific. You can slice em into strips and just munch on them like carrot sticks, they're somewhat tangy with just a bit of sweetness. No spicy at all, not even a whiff of a hint of a smidge. Green bell peppers are slightly bitter (to me, anyway) with a hint of the tangyness of the reds. Again, no spicy whatsoever.

You can stuff all sorts of things into bell peppers and bake them, I tend to like them with my boyfriend's mom's meatball mix and red sauce. A beef and rice mix, seasoned to taste, is a fairly classic bell pepper stuffing.
                  You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Yes I meant bell peppers - I think they would be awesome with your concoction as a stuffing
                    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X