This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOAR training!!!

I had my meeting with my job search provider yesterday. I told them that I was struggling to find retail work (Having had a few interviews and nothing coming up) and was now considering teaching swimming since it would also give me some extra practice with children. (the other avenues that involve children all require TAFE certificates) I handed over the information I had found on one of the swimming instructor courses. She took one look at it and without hesitation, said that they were able to pay for me to undertake the course. So come April, I will have my swimming teaching certifications! (the qualifications aren't that much, around $250 for the training course, but there's no way I would've been able to book it in time since I have a ton of uni expenses coming up including my mandatory notification, graduation hood/gown/cap deposit, First Aid qualifications and of course, textbooks)

(to clear up any confusion, the swim school I had my interview at were going to send me off for training but also guarantee employment at the end of said training)

The best part of the training though, is that this particular course requires me to undertake work experience. At any pool I like. I am going to go to the pool I have been going to for the last few months and do my training there.

And of course, in the meantime, I have to do my first aid qualifications. While a CPR certificate is fine at the minimum, I'd rather go the whole hog and re-do my first aid qualifications since that'll give me an edge. (So not only will I be able to revive your child if he or she is drowning, I can also clean up their scraped knee)
    Last edited by fireheart; 02-11-2012, 12:01 AM.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...
Working...
X