This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave me alone, I wanna go home

Hi there, this is Web_Pict, illustrator and daydreamer, and I finally have something to share with You. This is not precisely sucky, more like stupidity with e-mailing and I suppose it would fit here.

So, I work in small company of four people, taking care of IT along many other things (yeah, multitasking but not multipaid). Few days ago, when I was just about to leave, my Boss came and said that our mailbox is filled by messages from people asking to be taken off of mailing list. I stood there for a moment.

- But Boss, we don’t use mailing lists for our customers?

Anyhow. I took a look at our box, and yes, it get filled by e-mails. First normal “please, take me off your list” and then angry “Why am I getting these messages? I want you to stop this spam-mailing!” and "F*** you there! Stop this!!"

Anybody guess what was going on? Well, I checked our mail and found a guilty. A multicast from a company - well, I’ll call them J-some - advertising their business. So, people at their mailing list got the mail, did not like that, and wanted their e-mail address taken off.

I suppose they just hit reply.

And J-some’s mail server just sent their mail to everyone on the list. So everyone got new message. Repeat that for sometime. Not a surprise that messages got more irritated. So messages kept coming and coming, and my Boss kept laughing at most colorful descriptions while deleting them. Well, someone got the glue and sent a message telling people to send their e-mails to company J-some by using address like info@j-some.xxx not just answering to sender. And I kept on thinking “Yes! Looks like I got something to customerssuck!”

And where was the title from? Eurovision song contest 2007, Finland.

you mean every time they replied it got sent to everyone?

Comment

Sounds a little like something which happened on an e-mail list which I belonged to some years back - one of the members had to go out of town for something, he set up an "auto responder" for his e-mail, and anything which was sent to the group list triggered his "Hi, I'm away from the office this week...." message. (For example, if ten people sent messages to the list, everyone would receive 20 e-mails because of this guy's auto-response)
      Last edited by KellyHabersham; 11-30-2010, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Oh, jeez, fun with the clueless and mailing lists.

I've watched this exact thing in action because people are too freaking stupid to know how to actually get themselves removed from the mailing list as opposed to just replying to it.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
        X