This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you fix my computer, it won't connect to the network

I'm an aussie, had someone want me to go into their network settings and change them so they could re-access the network here, they recently used another network nearby, when they got back, their computer apparently had changed settings and couldn't log into the network they usually use...

I'm brilliant at fixing computers...except when your computer is in Korean...and I speak English as my only language...

All you have to do is switch the language option from Korean to English, work on it, then switch it back to Korean.

Comment

*cough* vista basic *cough*

Comment

Ah but to change the language you still have to know where its locacted or tell them how to find it so you can then see the settings (English not flowing end of shift nearing blah)
        Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
        pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Quoth wraiths_crono View Post
          Ah but to change the language you still have to know where its locacted or tell them how to find it so you can then see the settings (English not flowing end of shift nearing blah)
          Wait, you mean you actually read the text in the windows? I usually go for visual clues.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
            All you have to do is switch the language option from Korean to English, work on it, then switch it back to Korean.
            You can change the language in Windows? I thought that feature was only available in Vista ultimate and Win7 Ultimate, and only pirates have those.

Comment

Quoth roothorick View Post
              You can change the language in Windows? I thought that feature was only available in Vista ultimate and Win7 Ultimate, and only pirates have those.
              Or people that went to various launch events microsoft hosted. I got a copy of vista ultimate with a trial pack of server 08, sql server 08, and visual studio 08 for attending the server 2008 launch event.

Comment

Quoth bsaana View Post
                Or people that went to various launch events microsoft hosted. I got a copy of vista ultimate with a trial pack of server 08, sql server 08, and visual studio 08 for attending the server 2008 launch event.
                I stole it :P

Comment

We have a lot of Taiwanese students attending uni, so I've gotten really good at dealing with their computers. I'm the only one here who will work on them. I've gotten so good at it, that when I started in on one student's, he turned to me with a shocked look on his face, "You can read Chinese??"

"No, but I can recognize pictures!"

Now, let me tell you, digging through the Chinese version of the MS page, looking for the Blaster patch, THAT was fun!!! Thank goodness links are in English!
                  SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                  SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
                  X