This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Fact

Compressed Air into a paper jammed printer can make a noise very similar to using a blade of grass to whistle.

As I learned last week.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

I may have to try that next time I have to sub for the receiving clerk at the swamp, and deal with her printer which I've affectionately nicknamed the Paper Jam 5000.

/can clear paper jams from the cartridge and duplex IN HIS SLEEP.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Not-so-fun fact I learned last week: a tiny (4x3mm) piece of paper stuck in the printer can cause said printer to neatly fan-fold every other piece of paper passing through (said little piece of paper also survived a trip from the other side of the country, and it took me nearly 20 minutes to locate and remove it).

Comment

Quoth ender View Post
        Not-so-fun fact I learned last week: a tiny (4x3mm) piece of paper stuck in the printer can cause said printer to neatly fan-fold every other piece of paper passing through (said little piece of paper also survived a trip from the other side of the country, and it took me nearly 20 minutes to locate and remove it).
        Ah, yes. The most annoying thing in the world, possibly. Even better when tiny piece of paper is setting off a jam sensor, but placed where you can't see it without tearing the printer apart.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Fun Fact #1- You can not run a scan job through the auto document feeder, if said document is still stapled.

Fun Fact #2- If you manage to run a still stapled document through the feeder and its jammed. There are instructions printed on the plastic of the document feeder for removing the document. And if you miss that, the evil printer will beep at you until you acknowledge the LCD display showing the same instructions. To successfully acknowledge the LCD display you need to scroll through all the un-jaming instructions and un-jam the printer.

Fun Fact #3- Simply pulling the paper out the wrong way can strip the gears and or damage the connective pieces. Especially if the document that is pulled out is over 50 pages.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
            Ah, yes. The most annoying thing in the world, possibly. Even better when tiny piece of paper is setting off a jam sensor, but placed where you can't see it without tearing the printer apart.
            I basically did have to tear the printer apart. Luckily, this is pretty simple, but it still took me a while to find the place that piece of paper was lurking in.

Comment

Working...
            X