This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the mental asylum

During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director a question.

"How do you determine whether or not a patient should be institutionalized?"

"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A sane person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No." said the Director, "A sane person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Now, being sane isn't all that fun. What if you were really board and wanted to see how long it would take you to bail the tub with a spoon?
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
      Now, being sane isn't all that fun. What if you were really board and wanted to see how long it would take you to bail the tub with a spoon?
      Then I guess you'll be having your mail sent there for a good while . . .

And for some people, that might be a good vacation . . .
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

is it bad that i'd want to put the bucket on my head and ram the doc?
        If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
        ^_^

Comment

As long as you've pulled the plug beforehand, you should be fine.
          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
            is it bad that i'd want to put the bucket on my head and ram the doc?
            I have had to get a bucket off a ram's head...
            the fun part was running him down in the pasture...
            at least he couldn't see to try and bunt me away...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

See, I'd ask the director for some medical tubing, and then siphon the tub into toilet or out window.

I'm just crazy creative

Cutenoob
              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
                I'm just crazy creative
                Apparently, since, like the joke says, all you would have to do is pull the plug.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

This is what all you guys who end up there will be doing. XD

A man is walking past the mental asylum when he hears the inmates chanting. He stops to listen, finds that they're chanting, "Thirteen, thirteen!" over and over again.

Intrigued, he bends down and peeks thru a small hole in the fence to see what they are doing.

Immediately, a finger pokes him in the eye.

As he reels back, clutching his face, he hears the chanting start up again.

"Fourteen, fourteen!"
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                  X