X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the Voice-in-your-car

So i got a new job
    This is a call center job, and 5 weeks of training earning me the nickname Squirrel Girl, an inside joke of #stillintraining and promoted to customer, and a kahoot addiction (seriously i find a bar that has kahoot trivia nights and i'm learning how to drink to hit them) leading to me finally on the floor taking calls. Which I am actually good at cause i can fake nice like a champ and i can use my tools well and am willing to ask for help (Seriously I got two water bottled cause i was the only one in my training group will to go up to the boss when he was giving them to group a and ask for 1 then got a second when they gave to us)

So time for call center stories
    Oh i work for a car company and handle the push a button and talk to a person while in my car stuff

My genitalia won't change the answer
    Get a call and first words out of his mouth are
    "I ain't telling you anything until you get me a supervisor, a MALE supervisor. No way you can help me"
    No name, no case number no car information (except what he entered into the system meaning I could search for a case while telling him the following with a smile)

1. You only get a manager if my escalations team wants to laugh at you. (OK not really I said my supervisor can't talk to you until I do my job find out who you are and whats happening)
    2. My supervisor isn't male (true i had 2 female trainers)
    3. The facts won't change just because the person only has one X chromosome

needless to say I was a unhelpful b*tch and he hung up. Awww i thought we where going to be best friends

What do you mean you can't telepathically know what I want
    (aka read faster)
    SC calls to check up on a past case

Unfortunately he called twice the previous day and the second agent created a second case instead of checking past cases and he had two case for me to read.
    I tell him politely I need a minute to read the case notes to see what has happened since he last called. I read stupid case witch bare bones notes and no further work in 30 seconds and pull up the case with actual work happening on it and have more to actually read.

As I am doing this I am still speaking with customer assuring him I'm just reading what's happened to see if I need to get escalations to push something through (which I did).

After a full 1 minute and 45 seconds he starts demanding a supervisor because 'YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING'
    i tell him he isn't going to get a supervisor (we seriously have a no sup call policy you will seriously only get a sup if someone higher up wants to laugh at you) but I am going to get in touch with my escalation team because it looks like this a tech issue they can push through.

I call over find out yep its a we need some documents case and if he had just listened to the last agent he would be half done by now.

I try to tell him this but he keeps cutting me off saying that if he isn't getting a supervisor then he doesn't want to hear it. I finally tell him I'm telling him what needs to be done to fix his issue and if he doesn't want to hear it no one can help him.
    He hangs up.

Hello Mister Teddy Bear
    I had an angry third party company call us because while they have company representative they can talk to and have a deal to advertise for them with their service, he was upset if he went through normal customer processes he would need to get info for every vehicle the company is using and add them to the online account management services separately. After confirming with escalations that yep the system wasn't set up for companies with fleets of cars but for private owners and 150 vehicles would have to be added 1 at a time, and if he had a company rep he should talk to them (and I politely suggested that maybe as a for profit company he should really keep copies of documents that prove ownership of assists on file. You know having a copy of the that registration might be handy one day... )

He hung up after calling us all useless.

I finish making my notes when I hear a voice behind me and I turn around and see what I can only describe as a tall African- American Teddy Bear. It was the escalations agent who had made sure there where no mass input tolls for me and he wanted to make sure that the angry customer hadn't rattled me and I was going to be ok.
    I laugh and thank him tell him I've heard and seen worse and tell him about the whole 'Company with 150 vehicles on the road all day can't keep copies of proof of ownership on file like a 18 year old with their first car would' with an added 'seriously I still have copies of the title and registration of my first vehicle and I haven't owned it over 15 years'.

He laughed gave me a sucker and told me I was doing a a good job.

I'M NOT TECH SUPPORT!!!!
    this call took an hour
    AN HOUR
    10 minutes where
    'How do i get to website? Foreward slash? Is that F-O-R-E? OR F-O-U-R? is this a www? MYCOMPANYNAMA? (cause he kept mispronoucing the company) When I type in the search box it takes me back to companywebsite.com... or you mean the website search box...'

20 minutes where
    'Oh I forgot my password... lets reset that' and 'How do i access my email'
    the whole time i'm on speaker phone, with his wife translating for me in the background cause my voice is very feminine on the phone and was too high pitched for him to hear.

And i had to adapt mean robot voice to be understood, my training mates where concerned. When I was done i turned to the vet who was suppose to sit with me and told him 'I need to get caffeine real fast or I'm going to slit my wrists' this lead to a mini meeting that if we need a few minutes after a call tell the TL because they care about out mental health.

I'm Sorry Nice Lady
    Ok most cases have 2-3 interactions documented on them
    If there is research needed there can be 9-10 interactions documented
    This call?
    HAD 29.
    I saw it got wide eyed.
    I immediately call escalations
    'Hi Slicey whats the vin we are working on'
    'Hi Nice Escalations lady who has really helped me alot vin is xxxxxxxx and I'm really really really sorry you got this case'
    'Uh oh, nooooo don't tell me its a bad one'
    'there are 29 documentations and the words legal action threatened are in the customer response'
    '.....29????? How is that possible!!!!' then 'Oh my lord, this case looks familiar why does it look familiar'
    'Hey! I found your name in the records NL!'
    'Damn this is the website glitch case'

It ended with me having to tell the caller to talk to their regional case officer in the morning because it was a website coding issue but the poor escalations agent even realized that we are so screwed with this case.

Honestly we don't care about your spending habits
    In order to clear a vin from pass ownership we need registration, a receipt of some kind and identification.

This guy was insulted that we had to see how much he bought the car for in order to register his car on his account. I told him we don't car what he spent, title could work to, we just need proof he bought the vehicle (and trying to imply that we need to make sure he did steal the car)

He refused to send anything and cursed me. I smiled for a hour and told my table mate i love being called a bitch.

So how many books you want to buy me
    1/4 of the calls we get are
    'I didn't know the package I enrolled into with yearly payments would renew each year automatically! How was I suppose that a payment once a year each year meant every automatic payments!!??'
    and
    'What do you mean that when I signed up for 3 packages online where the prices are spelled out for me online in clear English and separate lines on the payment screen that I was going to be continued to be charged for all three packages and not the cost of package'
    or funnily enough
    'I don't want the package I use 5 times a day because I can't have it without PACKAGE THAT ACTUALLY CONNECTS THE CAR TO THE INTERNET and will totally call back every day for the next month, cause I miss being able to turn my ac on before I get into the car and will eventually reenroll only to repeat this process again when I have another 200 dollar charge.'

So getting a cancellation call isn't that weird.
    Except this customer couldn't remember any of security details that are needed to you know prove that he can change anything to do with his billing.

I had to advise him to visit the website to reset his security questions.

He immediately threatened to sue everyone and me personally if his subscriptions weren't cancelled then because he didn't 'know what the money was even for'.
    I told him I can't make any changes to his billing information and plans because 'If someone called up claiming to be you and wanting to buy alot of expensive stuff on your card you wouldn't want me to say yes would you'
    'I don't care about that I just want you to cancel this now!'

'Sir, if you can't provide me with the security details I can't prove you are you, and therefore its like me buying a bunch of stuff on your card without you knowing'

this was the one time where escalations took the call because they wanted to laugh at the guy and told them the same thing

he basically said 'I don't care about protecting my credit card and billing information as long as you cancel this subscription now.'

Its a good thing that I'm not the criminal my dad was is it...

Ok thats the highlight for my first week on the phone

if anyone wants to hear about the adventures of Squirrel Girl in training let me know
    Last edited by Sliceanddice; 07-28-2018, 11:36 PM.

I wouldn't mind hearing about training. Also my goodness, these people are ridiculous!

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
      Honestly we don't care about your spending habits
      In order to clear a vin from pass ownership we need registration, a receipt of some kind and identification.
      It's funny, I bought a car that has one of these systems in it. I didn't want it, but I was stuck with it. Never used it. Never got it set up in my name. When I disconnected it and replaced it with a Bluetooth hands free unit that connect to my phone (car was older than that kind of thing being an option,) I started getting weekly letters telling me to take my car to the nearest dealer to have my system fixed. My only guess is that they got my address from the DMV because I sure the heck didn't give it to them. Each letter got more pushy and at the end made it sound like my car was unsafe to even be on the road without their system working. They stopped sending weekly letters after six months. Now I'm down to one a month.

I guess if you want it, they make you prove it's yours. If you don't want it, they chase you to the ends of the earth.

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
        When I disconnected it and replaced it with a Bluetooth hands free unit that connect to my phone (car was older than that kind of thing being an option,) I started getting weekly letters telling me to take my car to the nearest dealer to have my system fixed. My only guess is that they got my address from the DMV because I sure the heck didn't give it to them.
        Nah your dealer just did their job and cleared it for you. A dealer can clean and enroll a vehicle in 10 minutes if they are competent.

Unfortunately the way dealerships work sales folk aren't always that.

Comment

Nah your dealer just did their job and cleared it for you. A dealer can clean and enroll a vehicle in 10 minutes if they are competent.

Unfortunately the way dealerships work sales folk aren't always that.
          ^ fucking truth
          AkaiKitsune
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
            ^ fucking truth
            Seconded! The ones that DO have competent people are a joy to work with. The ones that don't.... don't get a second visit from me.

Comment

So i got a new job
              This is a call center job, and 5 weeks of training earning me the nickname Squirrel Girl,
              Sure its not due to your fondness for nibbling on nuts?
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Welcome fellow phone lackey!

If you think those are bad, I'm sure worse is right out of the corner. Do not EVER assume you've come across the craziest/dumbest/most entitled customer on the planet. Call centers have a way of continually one upping things to the point of absurdity.

I've been doing call center work for nearly seven years now and I STILL encounter people that shock me with their rudeness, ineptitude or some ungodly combination thereof.
                "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
                  They stopped sending weekly letters after six months. Now I'm down to one a month.
                  Gather them all, stuff them into a thick envelope, and send them all back Postage Due along with a note telling them (in terms as coarse as you desire) to stop sending the damn things
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                    Sure its not due to your fondness for nibbling on nuts?
                    Nope it was due to being one of three super comic book nerds in the training class and the only one into the super cutesy stuff

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Gather them all, stuff them into a thick envelope, and send them all back Postage Due along with a note telling them (in terms as coarse as you desire) to stop sending the damn things
                      At this point, it gives me a monthly snicker at how bad they want me to reinstall it.

Comment

Working...
                      X