Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if the agent tells you you should make a reservation... LISTEN!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if the agent tells you you should make a reservation... LISTEN!

brief one...

phone rings at about 4pm...(we close at 8 during the week)
    me: *standard greeting*
    them: (in accented, but clear english): do you have room for a small motorhome tonight?
    me: i have one spot left
    them: when is the latest i can get there?
    me: we close at 8 o'clock, but if you want that site, you should make a reservation. i've already had other inquiries about that site
    them: how late can i come? is 9 too late?
    me: we close at 8, but we have a late check in procedure, so there is no time that is too late... however, if you want a site, you need to make a reservation. i only have 1 site
    them: i can come after 8?
    me: i only have one site. you need a reservation
    them: ok. i come at 8
    me: o..kay.... *shrug*

so guess who showed up at 7 to find out that the one site had been sold? if you said my accented phone friend, you win the prize!

and while they had an accent, it wasn't so thick of an accent that i would think they would have trouble understanding "you need a reservation". especially said no less than 3 times.

You snooze, you lose. You take your chances if you arrive without a reservation.
    [SARCASM:] Don 't you have any spaces in the back?[/END SARCASM]
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      Yes, but Amtrak complained about excessive wear on their cow-catchers.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        You snooze, you lose. You take your chances if you arrive without a reservation.
        i know i'm dealing with sucky customers and all, but it is constantly a source of amusement/amazement exactly how many people are shocked (SHOCKED i tell you!!!) on a DAILY basis that a busy park in a popular area on the California coast has no room. no, not even for a tiny tent. and no, you can't set up a tent or RV in our parking lot. BAI!

Comment

Working...
        X