This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on the verge of a breakdown

My friends mom is dying. Mind you she was more of a mom to me through high school then my mom ever was. She helped take care of my grandmother when she was dying from cancer. She fed me and let me stay there when things were rough or my parents were out of town. My friend called me today and told me that she only has a matter of days left and I have no way of going to say my goodbyes. They live in wisconsin where my family is and i'm living in arkansas. We're low on money after bills this month and my mom basically told me it wasn't worth it for me to try to come up there so she wont help me out at all.

I'm just so lost..

Sending hugs. Lots of hugs.

Maybe you could talk to her on the phone or Skype/Facetime? It's not the same as being there but you could still talk to her and tell her how important she was to you.

Or, if she is not able to do that, maybe you could send her emails that your friend could read to her?
    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Send a card or flowers?
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

If none of the above is possible, maybe you could record a video and send it to your friend to play for her Mom.
        You can tell her how much you love her and name any particular events she helped you with and thank her for being there for you at those times.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I like the idea of Skype (because it's two-way contact ...) or, if that's not feasible, the idea of your making a video to tell her how much she has meant to you.

I'm sorry your mother thinks it's "not worth it" for you to go there. That sucks.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
          X