This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gee, thanks for telling us...

C came to work with the flu today. It's company policy to stay home if you're sick; while we don't directly handle non-packaged food, we are around food and food prep...not to mention the general public including a lot of very small children who might not have been vaccinated. Also it's just really bad form to infect your coworkers before the holiday chaos.

He looked like death; his face was literally greenish-yellow. When M and I challenged him ("Why the hell did you even show up today?") he said "I don't have a fever today so I figured I was fine"...if you're coughing up a lung, complaining every ten seconds and sound like a goose choking on a sock then you are obviously not okay. Everyone has sick time. USE IT. The department can function without you.

And he got snippy when the acting manager refused to let him do a product demo...gee, maybe because you just admitted you're sick?
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Coughing up a lung and wants contact with the public?! He's sick alright.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

And this guy wants a manager position. "Stock manager", which I don't think is even a thing in our company if the daily state of the warehouse/ordering is an indication...and he does fark-all to improve things. I'm usually the one who gets fed up with the giant Jenga game and does the heavy lifting to organize anything.

Coincidence that J came to work totally fine yesterday (same shift as C, she was working in his vicinity more than I was) and called out sick today...?
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
      X