The Romaine empire has fallen.
      Caesar is dead.
      Lettuce pray.

*shamelessly stolen from Facebook*
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Buuuut, it's JUST the romaine, right? Not Bibb, red leaf, butter, and yes, iceberg. It's not like there's NO lettuce, ffs....

Comment

Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
          And that old Grinch,
          He got an idea and he got it quick,
          He squatted in the lettuce patch
          And dropped a big...
          I’m sorry but that just made my day. May I steal to post in the produce-staff-only part of the store?
          Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
            I’m sorry but that just made my day. May I steal to post in the produce-staff-only part of the store?
            Awww, sure.
            Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Quoth Smapti View Post
              No, I don't care that I've ruined Thanksgiving.... (And who serves salad with Thanksgiving dinner anyway?)
              I served this carrot slaw one year. It went over quite well--especially considering that my mother liked it and she doesn't like curry.
              BTW, congratulations on ruining Thanksgiving and Halloween. Don't worry you still have a whole month to ruin Christmas.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I was just grocery shopping today and everywhere that might be even remotely related to lettuce they had signs stating there wasn't any romaine, and why.

I get home, and my sister is watching "Inside Edition" and they are stating that the warning has been called off. Since when??

I'm still not going to eat it for a while. My sister has a new saying: "Lettuce ruins everything."
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  I was just grocery shopping today and everywhere that might be even remotely related to lettuce they had signs stating there wasn't any romaine, and why.

I get home, and my sister is watching "Inside Edition" and they are stating that the warning has been called off. Since when??

I'm still not going to eat it for a while. My sister has a new saying: "Lettuce ruins everything."
                  Since today now they're going to label where the lettuce has been grown so you should be saying it back in your Supermarket any day now.

Comment

The sad part of this situation is that businesses that do hydroponic growing got slammed in all of this.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I was only seven when the big Jack in the Box E. coli outbreak happened, but I still remember my neighbor friend (a couple years younger than me) got sick from it. As a kid I didn't realize how bad it could have been. I was just sad and a little scared for my friend. She had been acting normal but then yelled for her mom saying that there was blood in the toilet. And the urgent care in Tacoma was crazy. ANYWAY I'm not messing around with romaine right now, even with some being considered safe. Why risk it? Plenty of other healthy food out there.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

The reason they had a general alert was because they didn't know where it started, once they track that down it's a matter of dealing with that supplier, distributor, etc and then it's crisis over.

Comment

My mom found this on FB:
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Taxguykarl, I love that!!

I'm still not buying anything with romaine in it for a while. I don't even care much for it so no loss.

BTW, chocolate is a plant-based food, you know. It comes from cacao beans.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Chocolate also has milk in it, so protein!

Not to mention sugar, which is technically a vegetable (fruit comes from flowers, veggies come from parts of the plant. sugar comes from the stalks, which makes it a vegetable)

Finally, healthy eating MY way!!!

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                                Chocolate also has milk in it, so protein!

Not to mention sugar, which is technically a vegetable (fruit comes from flowers, veggies come from parts of the plant. sugar comes from the stalks, which makes it a vegetable)

Finally, healthy eating MY way!!!
                                Ah, the four food groups—sugar, salt, fat and caffeine.

Sugar is also a root vegetable if its made from sugar beets rather than cane. Sugar beets are actually a variety of good ol’ red beets.

Comment

Working...
                                X