This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wordpress says I have an invalid username

When I try to log in with username and password, Wordpress says I have an invalid username. Can't figure that one out. I can get to the site via clicking on links to other threads, but the ones showing are dated March 17, which is likely the day I first joined. Any suggestions?

-_^ Wordpress? That's just for the front page. We use vBulletin for the boards.

Try going to http://www.customerssuck.com/board/ (instead of just the base URL) and see what happens.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I get the same thing. The login button on the right gives a WordPress error. The "Forums" link near the top works correctly.
      There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

AFAIK nobody but the Admins/server guys should even have a WP login for the site. Separate login for the boards.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          AFAIK nobody but the Admins/server guys should even have a WP login for the site. Separate login for the boards.
          This is correct.
          That login is only for the WordPress administration stuff, it doesn't do anything else.

As long as you can log in here on the forums, you're all set
          Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

In other words, the front page is actually a separate site where the only reason to log in is to do admin stuff, so only admins have IDs there. Naturally, a non-admin trying to log in using their CS ID would get an "invalid name", since they don't have an account.

This would be similar to a CS member going to Fratching and trying to log in with their CS ID, but it doesn't work - since CS and Fratching have separate ID lists (although most users of both have the same ID on both sites).
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Hmmm..... would it be possible to push the admin login down the page into the footer? And perhaps have a larger "Enter Forums Here!" link in the main part of the page?

I found it very confusing when I went to customerssuck.com on a new machine, expected to have to login from the main page but kept getting WordPress errors. Yes, now that I look closer I see "Control Panel", but really, when a person is looking for how to login as soon as the "username" and "password" fields are identified on the page the rest gets ignored.

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
                Hmmm..... would it be possible to push the admin login down the page into the footer? And perhaps have a larger "Enter Forums Here!" link in the main part of the page?

I found it very confusing when I went to customerssuck.com on a new machine, expected to have to login from the main page but kept getting WordPress errors. Yes, now that I look closer I see "Control Panel", but really, when a person is looking for how to login as soon as the "username" and "password" fields are identified on the page the rest gets ignored.

I'll get it hidden
                Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Much better! Donald Norman would be very happy to see the change

Comment

Working...
                  X