This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kristev View Post
    Personally, I think it's foolish to go through a drive-through window at McDonalds at all. Just go inside, buy a soda, and relax with the free refills and the wi-fi for as long as you please. Let everyone else drive each other batty at the drive-through.
    When I have my mother in the car we go through the drive-through and go park somewhere at the back of the car-park to eat it without a soundtrack of screaming kids. I am not spending 10 minutes putting mum's wheelchair together, getting her out of the car and settled into the wheelchair, to then have to wait 20-40 minutes for a table to turn up where we can fit the wheelchair against the table without blocking the aisle.

In the UK you don't get free refills of soft drinks, so that's not a valid reason for 30-50 minutes of pain and stress. I am also there with my mother, who I enjoy talking to, so why would I be playing on my phone? Tell me, am I still "foolish" for going through the drive-through with that set of circumstances?

Just because drive-through doesn't work for you doesn't mean that there aren't good reasons for other people to use it. Please be more cautious with your sweeping statements.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

^ hence Kristev's use of the word "personally".
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

At my local Golden Arcs, I prefer to walk in. Usually, it's faster and more often, the order is correct. Actually, that's true of all the places I tend to frequent.

I wish corporate would get that some of us would rather wait five minutes for the correct order than 1 minute for the wrong one.. which then turns it into a 10 minute ordeal.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
          People circle the lot at the gym to get the closest possible and then go inside to walk on the treadmill.
          Do you mean these guys?

This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

^LOL Where did you find that?!?
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
              At my local Golden Arcs, I prefer to walk in. Usually, it's faster and more often, the order is correct. Actually, that's true of all the places I tend to frequent.
              +1
              It's a whole lot easier to check your order when you are there at the counter than in a car with a half-dozen cars behind you....and easier to get it corrected, come to think of it.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I totally understand the folks who have wheelchairs, infants/toddlers, walking aids and the like to deal with. Or people for whom walking is painful or difficult, for whatever reason.

Toth and Bast often leave me in the car and go in and grab whatever. It's probably not the ideal plan for people wanting to be with their passenger - though if I can make it inside, those uncomfy seats are still one way to be with.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Maybe all those drivers are wearing bunny slippers so they ain't leaving their ride.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    Maybe all those drivers are wearing bunny slippers so they ain't leaving their ride.
                    Weeeel... they're sexually explicit *Playboy* Bunny slippers...
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                      Learnt my lesson about wearing slippers through drive through. The day I went into BK wearing fuzzy green slippers and leggings (I am aware they arnt pants I wasn't planning on getting out of the car) to complain.

Comment

Working...
                      X