X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so Bright Fraud

Caught my first fake credit card today! go me

So some guy comes waltzing into Home E, no teeth and a loose loose tshirt and looks like he just came out from under a bridge. Not to common here we ARE located next to a bar.

He asks for three prepaid cellphones, about 15 batteries and some other stuff thats pretty cheap. Total? about 450 bucks.

He hands me his credit card and all I could think of 'are you seriouse?'

Problems with his card:
    1.No name
    2.No expiary date
    3.The numbers where smooth on the card
    4.The numbers where in black print
    5.Card was made out of a different type of plastic, felt more like paper
    6. A little dinky half smudged signiture on the back

Heres the fun part. I pretend to swipe it and tell him it didnt work. He tells me 'O at the petro can they had to punch it in'

I tell him in a very cheery manner that i'll do that no problem. Well, small problem see, in my store i needed to get the cashier supervisor to punch in any credit card numbers. This was a lie as i would never punch one in anyway but hey, he bought it. I told a friend to watch the till so i could get our 'cashier supervisor'

Unfortunatly our LPO wasnt on at the time So i brought up our assistant manager. He asked for the guys ID, who didnt have any and decided to just leave. Our manager tailed him for a bit, reported the credit card, and got the guys lisence plate number.

450$ saved. I wish they where all that easy and dim.
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Great job! I saved my store some bucks as well. Actuallly, he wasn't even my customer. A co worker had a customer who wanted to buy around 600 dollars worth of gift cards. We have a strict policy on gift cards so when I was about to go home, I told CW to get a head cashier. He did and I left before knowing the outcome. When i was about to leave, my head cashier came over to me and congratulated me on stopping a fraud attempt. It felt so good!

Sometimes its good to bullshit a customer before they get suspicious. They will ask you questions like "is there a problem?" ( yeah there is a problem) , I will always say no cause frankly, IMO, those customers who ask what the problem is are usually ones who are hiding something. That's what i think cause why would they ask that if I have a head cashier over?

Its pretty pathetic how customers will just do this kind of stuff I know, cause they think some cashiers, tellers don't pay any attention to what they are doing.

Comment

Working...
    X