Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This isnt a good enough discount! (fairly long post, sorry)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This isnt a good enough discount! (fairly long post, sorry)

Alright, i know i didnt work in the worst customer service job ever, but circumstances made it the worst. i applied to Sears at the local mall to be a cashier, they told me that there were no positions for that job open, but maybe in hardware sales. Now i pride myself in almost NEVER lying, but i needed a job pretty badly, so when i asked if i knew anything about tools, i simply said i know enouhg and can get more information about it from my neighbors. but i never ended up getting over to his house. a mixture of conflicting hours and my laziness. so i was working a job that i knew next to nothing about. BUT i never once had an unsatisfied customer, i helped them or sent them to someone who could help them. all that aside, one day a man came in and wanted to get a used table saw i think it was (over a year ago, dont remember exactly) it was normally priced around 400 bucks, but as it was used that not put away well so the box was damaged, it was marked down 40%. not bad, however as the title says, getting that item almost half off wasnt good enough, he wanted more, now as i was a good boy on duty, i did what i was supposed to and called the department manager, he was busy (taking a nap i think, he wasnt very good) so i went to the hub to talk to someone, the only manager who could hgelp me was frazzled at the time, a new guy so it was understandable, he said to just give him a discout that i thought was appropriate, so i conceded and gave him a total of 50 off, he said hed go get his checkbook from his car, be back in 30 seconds, (inward curses that would make a sailor blush) outward smile and an "ok sir ill be waiting". and so i did, for 30 seconds on the dot, then i was asked for help and rang some people up, he came back about 5 min later, saw me busy and walked off, when i was done, he was nowhere in sight so i moved on, helping more people so i could get commision. he came back apparently and saw me helping someone else *gasp* how darew i do my job! and complained, luckily he got my bosses boss the second in command and a sorta friend. who basically went through the same crap i did to help him, but V-E-R-Y slowly to "make sure there were no mistakes" and then sent me back out to help him, well he needed to do something else, so i said ok, ill wait. then i went on break. the guy didnt try to ge ta discount again, hell the item went down to 600 off the next week, so i talked my neighbor into buying it. i learned to be very polite, but vindictive at sears

Quoth CloudyWolf View Post
    normally priced around 400 bucks
    <snip>
    hell the item went down to 600 off the next week
    So, you paid customers $200 to take it off your hands?
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
      So, you paid customers $200 to take it off your hands?
      Maybe he meant 60% and put an extra 0?
      MMO Addicts group

Comment

Working...
      X