This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F'n Kids...

I wanted to write the actual quote from "Clerks" (after "No time for love, docta' jones!")...but I didn't think that would go over too well with the mods and having swearing in a title.

Okay, I was covering my co-worker M's lunch last week. He is always on register 19 (which is a cigarette aisle) and it was close to the time when the guy was due back from his lunch when these kids come up to me with a box of shotgun shells. These kids look like they can’t be any older than 16. So I scan the shells, and a message pops up asking if they are 18. So I ask them for ID. The following ensues:

Me: Could I see your ID please?
    Kids: (Rifling through wallet) Why do I need ID?
    Me: You have to be 18 to buy this.
    Kids: I have to be 18 to buy the shells but I can shoot the gun when I’m (whatever age he said…I wasn’t listening)
    Me: I guess…I just know you have to be 18 to buy the shells. I don’t know about what age you can start shooting a shotgun.
    Kids: Well, I don’t have ID. Does that mean I can’t buy it?
    Me: No, you can’t.
    Kids: Can you buy it for me?
    Me: No I can’t. Even if I wanted to, I couldn’t buy something for myself on my own register.

A couple comes into my line behind these kids.

Kids: (to the couple) Hey! Do you want to buy some shotgun shells?
    Couple: (not saying anything….more confused than anything
    M: (coming up to register) We can’t do that; it’s a third party sale.
    Kids: Man this store is fucking gay (run off)

There are some things I want to clear up here. I know about third party sales. I just wanted to see how hard the kids would push to get someone else to buy their shells before I would tell them that I can’t allow that. And the couple even said that they wouldn't buy the shells for them anyway; they just didn't know how to say no to the kids.

And also, I had a feeling that these kids were going to be coming back to the store to try to get the shells again. So I had M make sure he remembered what they looked like, and told my supervisors (CSMs) about it...as far as I know, they haven't been back. I just thought that they might be back after they were that adamant about asking ME to buy them for them, and then some people that they don't even know RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.
    "I'm not even supposed to BE here today!"

Had a young lad ask me and a chum to buy a knife for him a while back. He was only ten feet from the stall who had refused him - apparently time and again - and we exchanged a smirk with the stall owner before leaving him cursing in our wake.

Occasional swearing - we don't mind it. We're here to vent. Continuous streams of cursing? We'd frown on that.

Rapscallion

Comment

awwww sometimes you want to curse repeatedly

Comment

Working...
      X