This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth greensinestro View Post
    Isn't going to a movie all about risk? Look at what happened when "Home Alone" came out. The critics all said what a terrible movie it was, yet people went anyhow and made it a bigtime money maker, let alone a Christmas classic.
    So how come they always show it on Thanksgiving?

My friend still owes me 5 bucks for Date Movie.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Cause Thanksgiving is only Chirstmas preview. It's not a seperate holiday or anything like that.
      Yes- I'm the supervisor today
      Yes I'm young
      Get Over It.....and have a nice day

Comment

I've gone to theatres so sporadically in my life I can barely even remember what I've watched anymore; last time was 300, than Revenge of the Sith before that.. I do regret not seeing Corpse Bride when I had the chance.
        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Thinking about it, we did have some people come out of Superbad, only five minutes into the film because there was too much sexual language. These were grown men and women. We exchanged their tickets for another film.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

I guess for the same reason they used to show "It's A Wonderful Life" and "Miracle On 34th Street" on Thanksgiving. They want to roll both holidays into one.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
              There used to be a local (newspaper) film critic when I lived in Omaha that I read religiously. I always knew what to see, because of him.

If he hated it, I'd love it. If he loved it, I'd hate it. Every time.

Wish I could find another critic like that.
              Try the critics in the Cincinatti Enquirer or USA Today. I usually have the oposite opinion that they take. Fair warning, I don't do movies much, and usually go for the wierd ones. Shoot `Em Up was great.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
              X