This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're going to have a heart attack!

I took a turnover call in my department today. This nasty, bitchy, screaming woman called about not being able to connect to the internet. (Now, before you all say something like, "This should be on the tech forum", read the entire story first). All I heard from my rep was "Maam, I am trying to assist you and need to ask these questions." After it turned into this rep not being able to get a word in edgewise, I had to take over the call being I am a lead, not a supervisor, and no supervisors were available.

Me: Thank you for calling, my name is greensinestro. How may I help you?

SC: You can first tell me your ID number!

Me: I do not have an ID number, but am the only greensinestro in this department.

SC: Oh, so you're refusing to give me your ID number! Well, you're as horrific as the other rep I spoke to.

Me: Maam, I can help you with whatever problem you have.

SC: No, you can't, because you already refused to give me your ID number. All employees have ID numbers! What is your job title?

Me: I am a lead and can assist you with whatever problem you, maam.

SC: A lead???!!!!I demanded a supervisor and you're answering this call? I don't even like your attitude because you won't give me your ID number!

Me: Maam, I can assist you as well as a supervisor can.

SC: No, you can't because you're attitude stinks! Now, I want this escalated right now to the executive office, I want that number, and I demand you transfer me there.

Me: We do not have authority to provide you with that number, nor do we transfer calls there. I can refer this for a call back from that level.

SC: You had better transfer me there now, because if you don't, I am going to my news station, calling the FCC and PSC, calling my senator, the governor, the President of the United States, and anyone else that will take care of my problem.

Me: Again, maam, I cannot provide you with the executive number, nor can I transfer you. I can take your number for a call back from that level.

SC: Fine, but I had better get this call back within 24 hours, or I am going through with my promise (actually, threats) to call who I need to about this problem.

She then hung up, and I never did find out what her problem was, except it had to do with the internet. I also checked her account notes and found she's a frequent complainer and makes the same threats to anyone she speaks with. Also, our collections department is very familiar with her, but much of the time, when the account goes into their department, she is "awarded" credits for her constant threats and ugliness. Customers like this are certainly not worth keeping, that's for sure.

And, I have yet to find out the story from the executive level.

Quoth greensinestro View Post
    but much of the time, when the account goes into their department, she is "awarded" credits for her constant threats and ugliness. Customers like this are certainly not worth keeping, that's for sure.
    Nothing like some positive reinforcment for you, no wonder she is acting like a spoiled three year old brat who cant have any sweets, because once she throws a tantrum she gets what she wants. Why oh why is there not a law against this sort of thing?
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I doubt Dumbya or anyone else high up on the totem pole gives a shit about some woman who can't get online.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        I doubt Dumbya or anyone else high up on the totem pole gives a shit about some woman who can't get online.
        Or anyone outside of the upper 1 percent.

Comment

Is there any way to put a note in the system that can't be traced back to you that says "If we didn't keep giving her stuff for free, maybe she'd actually pay for it"

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

She's going to call the president??? Yeah, I'm sure the white house has the time to deal with some random lady's internet problem.
            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

dont you wish you could just cancle her account and put her on a blacklist?

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1
                She's going to call the president??? Yeah, I'm sure the white house has the time to deal with some random lady's internet problem.
                Yeah, sure ma'am, let me just put this Iraq thingie aside here, and lets get you connected to the interweb!
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                  Well, what is he protecting her from? A wrong internet?

Is this like, is this a harmful internet or something?
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Let's see...how do I put this gently...your collections department SUCKS.

Stupid people like her do not deserve credits.

Comment

Me thinks collections needs to just stop giving her credits. Either pay to live with out your internet. Sadly, I can see some people calling the POTUS or Sen. because they got overcharged by 1 cent at a convince store.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                        SC: You had better transfer me there now, because if you don't, I am going to my news station, calling the FCC and PSC, calling my senator, the governor, the President of the United States, and anyone else that will take care of my problem.
                        We used to call people like this lady the green crayon people. They almost always write their complaining letters in green crayon, for some odd reason, and they think their MP/Councillor/Head of major public corporation is going to be interested in the minutia of their odd lives.

We all get impressively sucky customers from time to time, but can you imagine how bad it must be for the people who answer phones and open letters at the White House? They get all the freaks of an entire NATION !
                        A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                        - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
                          We all get impressively sucky customers from time to time, but can you imagine how bad it must be for the people who answer phones and open letters at the White House? They get all the freaks of an entire NATION !
                          I AM getting a fraction of them actually. I know exactly what its like. As do many of you at this point if you've ever listened in. >.>

Comment

I love the responses to this thread. I guess I should have also pointed out this lady will also get a stroke with her very, very short fuse. I still have not heard anything else on this one, which probably means they'll get around to talking to her when they feel like it.

Comment

Working...
                            X