This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    but INSISTED that we get him one with the box as pictured in the flyer, because he was CONVINCED that it wasn't the same drive.
    Excuse me but a Maxtor 300gb hard drive is still a maxtor 300gb hard drive, even if they're in a different case, different packaging, hell, even if they come with free beer... it's still a Maxtor 300gb hard drive. It'll hold exactly the same amount, it'll function the same and It's probably the same damn price

as Al said if he complains, he's getting booted and banned
    MMO Addicts group

Comment

I feel your pain, True Value changed it's paint labels a year ago, and unlike previous changes, this time they changed everything; Color, Style, Font and even renamed one of the bases (Pastel to Pure White).

For the last year I have had to explain to people why the can on the shelf isn't the same as the one they brought in. I had one lady argue that the can she got last time was blue not green. I kept explaining to her that yes the Semi-gloss was in a blue can but now it is in a green can. ( and we haven't even got to the color in the can yet )

And the worst part?

I just read on the TV website that they are changing the lables again. This time they may even change the brand name of the paint because "EZ Kare" did not test well due to the fact it is miss-spelled.
      "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
        Excuse me but a Maxtor 300gb hard drive is still a maxtor 300gb hard drive, even if they're in a different case, different packaging, hell, even if they come with free beer... it's still a Maxtor 300gb hard drive. It'll hold exactly the same amount, it'll function the same and It's probably the same damn price

I know that, you know that, only wish this SC knew that
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
          Excuse me but a Maxtor 300gb hard drive is still a maxtor 300gb hard drive, even if they're in a different case, different packaging, hell, even if they come with free beer...
          *Homer Simpson voice* MMMMMMM.............. beer............... *drooling*

Could you order me one of those drives that comes with free beer, please?
          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Even if the guy was functionally illiterate, couldn't he simply compare the written SKU to the SKU on the box? And if the "symbols" looked identical, then they're the same. I mean, most 2 year olds can pick out things that look the same, even if they don't know what they are (pick all the triangles, pick all the circles, etc.) so that's not really an excuse.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
              It just occurred to me - he's probably either illiterate, or functionally illiterate. He's used to using box art to determine if something is the thing he's after - he may not be able to read the text.
              You're confusing functionally illiterate with functionally retarded.

One, with education and a little hard work can be corrected. This guy, unfortunately, cannot.
              Check out my webcomic!

Comment

I go to another site where they give out awards to particularly sucky people. We should do that. This one shall receive "The Broken Record Award"
                It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
                  I just read on the TV website that they are changing the lables again. This time they may even change the brand name of the paint because "EZ Kare" did not test well due to the fact it is miss-spelled.
                  I do feel for you with the change of labels, but let me say right now that with that name, I never would have bought it. I absolutely despise cutesy spellings for words. I haven't been to a Thrifty's since they got bought out by Rite Aid. It just annoys me too much.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    Dang. And here I thought I'd figured him out. Now I'm just puzzled.
                    CRAP!

Bring the brain bleach and medics! We have a CSer trying to figure out an SC!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

So did he come in yesterday?

Comment

Quoth Girly View Post
                        So did he come in yesterday?
                        No idea. I had yesterday off

However, although I have today off as well, I will probably be stopping in to grab some batteries than I need (and since I'll be in the area anyway). I'll ask if he came back and what - if anything - happened.
                        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

ANTI-CLIMAX WARNING!

I did end up stopping by work today. I asked Al if the guy came back in, and was told that he did, it was the new box, and that he accepted it without incident.

Me: Really? No fight or anything?!

Al: No fight. I couldn't believe it

Me: Whoa......

I suppose it's good that he didn't pick a fight, but I wouldn have preferred to have him banned.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                            ANTI-CLIMAX WARNING!
                            No, no, it's, as my brother says, "No falling action, just like the Karate Kid movies."
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              I absolutely despise cutesy spellings for words. I haven't been to a Thrifty's since they got bought out by Rite Aid. It just annoys me too much.
                              Aww, so you're not a Toys "Я" Us kid?
                              "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
                                Aww, so you're not a Toys "Я" Us kid?
                                *hisss*

No... no I'm not.

Although I'm pretty sure I thought Jeffrey was cool when I was little... but even then I found the whole reversed R to be lame and annoying.

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X