X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I seem to be a jerk and nutter magnet today

could someone de-magnetise me please?

Had a right jerk who I think was a scammer to start with, who was very agressive and made me feel shaky and like crying. ANd my normally great manager undermined me.

He claimed he bought an expensive diet supplement a few days ago, but hadn't been given the receipt. He wanted another copy of the receipt printed off.
    I explained we can't do that, as we don't keep records of past trasactions on file like that (and I doubt anyone does) and to do get a receipt for him, I'd have to put it throught the till again, and then my till would be down. Five minutes of this, with interjections from colleagues about how I REALLY CANNOT DO THIS. There is no way.
    At the point he asks 'can't or won't' I go to get my manager.
    Who promptly undermines me by putting it through and refunding the amount back to the store.

Whats the betting he just picked it up off the shelf and will be bck in two days for a refund?

Tofu

Apparently Tofu was vitally important to this womans life. She spent the entire transaction complainign about how she couldn't get her favourite, most easily digested tofu anywhere in a high pitched, lous voice with an almost! audible! exclamation! point! after! each! word!. After a while her frustration over the shortage of Cauldron Original tofu (one of the blandest in my proffessional AND personal opinion) becomes so great all she can do is make squeaky highpitched random noises at me.

And that was only my first two hours of a nearly eight hour shift.

Edit: Magnet, Doh.
    Last edited by GingerBiscuit; 09-13-2007, 07:47 PM.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

We have a crappy cash register here at the library, but it still has receipt paper and journal paper (transaction history). The SC would have had to wait, but if he gave the exact date/time/price, the transaction could be found on the journal tape ... that is, if you guys keep it with your daily cash reports. Even better if your registers scan the UPC and give the name of the item on the receipt, cause it would be right there.
    I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Ours simply don't do any of that. All it keeps track of is what is actually sold, and we can't just print off a receipt from 'a few days ago'.

We have 200 transactions a day, minimum, on an average day. The till is very basic, and is basically just there to do the adding and keep track of stock movement- no when it's bought or who bought it. No guarantee it was him who bought one of the two of thos ones that shifted from monday to today, which is the ONLY record we have on sales- how many of that item we sell in a week.

He wanted a specific receipt, an we don't keep those.
      The only receipts we keep are card transactions, where we get a print off. I don't know if a journal of when and where, but if there is it's probably sent to head office.

There was honestly np way I could have done what he asked as we don't keep anything more than a really basic record of transactions (how many of an item sold/returned in a week) and the way our manager was able to do what he wanted was by scanning it through as a seperate transaction, and then do a refund at the end of the day so our till wasn't down.
      There was no way he could prove he bought it, and wouldn't listen when I said our tills aren't set up to allow me to do that.
      Last edited by GingerBiscuit; 09-13-2007, 08:00 PM.
      Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

guess who came back today for their return? I was right.

Comment

Did you predict that to your manager the other day and what'd she/he say today with the refund?
          I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Your manager is a dipshit who shouldn't be in charge of anything or anybody.

Rub it in that the guy came back for his refund just like you'd hypothesized.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I did predict it. The manager who gave the receipt (who's normally great, don't know what was up with him) wasn't in, but our assisstant manager was, who was ALSO very annoyed with our manager, as now he had a receipt, despite what we all bloody KNEW, she couldn't reasonably say no to a refund. She's going to have words with our manager tomorrow.

Of course, now there's NO way of proving he stole it and then brought it back for the refund, as now we aren't one down in stock because he brought it back.

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
                Of course, now there's NO way of proving he stole it and then brought it back for the refund, as now we aren't one down in stock because he brought it back.
                Um, you should still be down one, as the returned one should be added to the Expected Total as well as the Actual Total (=ExpectedTotal-1 if he really stole it).

Still probably no way to prove HE took it though, just that one is unaccounted for.

Frankly, I would suspect that he grabbed it from elsewhere, or stole it from another buyer, and scammed you into giving him a receipt so he could return it
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

could someone de-magnetise me please?
                  *blink* If I remember my science, there are two sure-fire ways to demagnetize a magnet. One is a sharp blow (say, from falling a couple of miles or something), the other? Extreme heat. Those're the only ways I've ever heard of to disrupt a magnetic field.
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                    *blink* If I remember my science, there are two sure-fire ways to demagnetize a magnet. One is a sharp blow (say, from falling a couple of miles or something), the other? Extreme heat.
                    Neither of those sound like a particular pleasant thing to do to GingerBiscuit!
                    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I dunno, sounds like the temp's climbing already!
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

.....in a high pitched, lous voice......
                        My first thought was that this was a typo where the "s" was hit instead of the "d", then I realized it was more likely a typo of not putting the "e" on the end of the word.

Mike
                        Meow.........

Comment

I make typos when angry. My thoughts go too fast for my clumsy hands.

ANyway, I was speaking to my colleague today, and apparently he actually applied for a job here. Oh, yeah, you've proved to THREE memebers of staff and a member of management you are untrustworthy and rude. You're going to get a job here.

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                            Neither of those sound like a particular pleasant thing to do to GingerBiscuit!
                            Precisely, I'm just saying those're the only ways I know to disrupt a magnet. Poor GingerB... gonna be a jerk/nutter magnet for a long, long time.
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                              *blink* If I remember my science, there are two sure-fire ways to demagnetize a magnet. One is a sharp blow (say, from falling a couple of miles or something), the other? Extreme heat. Those're the only ways I've ever heard of to disrupt a magnetic field.
                              Hmm...I think you can also attach one to a much larger object and it will normalize the charge after a very long time. Or if we're talking electromagnets, you could just find the plug....

Still not helping, huh?
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X