This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They DO whore around!

See, when I was working at the gas station, we had our regular SCs who we called "lotto whores". They'd show up and stay for hours on end, scratching away and making a huge mess of my store, getting angry when they had to wait in line, or freaking out if they didn't win but spent all of their money/winnings. Le sigh.

I always wondered if they "whored" around, as in, they went all around town and went to other stores and terrorized other poor gas station employees.

I had proof that ONE person did, because on days off I'd see his notorious piece of crap dilapidated van parked at Kwik Trips and Holidays all over town. He also would bring in scratch offs that we didn't sell, so they were from elsewhere.

This morning I was filling up at Holiday and I saw the Spitter. He was this guy who used to come in and buy cookies and scratch offs. He is old and cannot chew with his mouth closed and ends up spitting crumbs everywhere! I saw him at the pump next to me and his handfull of scratch offs and I immediately felt awful for the two poor young girls working the registers. I made sure to be extra polite to them, because I knew soon enough he'd be spitting up a storm and driving them insane with his lotto addiction.

There is truth to my wonderings...
    Last edited by Spiffy McMoron; 09-19-2007, 01:57 AM.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Yesterday, I saw one of the saddest things I've ever seen in a store.

A guy was there with a paper bag full of daily number tickets... there had to be a thousand. Somehow, this was all to prove that he ordered a particular ticket earlier in the week, and he wasn't given it... he said the store owed him $40.

I don't know. But then, he said, "Now I want to play my numbers for the week." It was 9:30am. The clerk said, "We close at noon, remember?"

WTF? This guy gets two and a half hours worth of numbers tickets?

The truly sad part is that the daily number is the worst bet a person could possibly make... the government takes 50% of the pot right off the top. There is no possible way to beat those odds for more than a few days. It just isn't going to happen.
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

The lottery whores are the bane of any c-store clerk's existence. The only good they bring for me are the losing lottery tickets that I can turn in on the second chance drawing without having to buy my own tickets. I just claim the losing tickets I find laying around the store in their wake, and submit their numbers on the net as if I'd bought them myself.

I just hope that I win the second chance drawing so I can rub it in their faces. Watch me win so that I may watch you weep. Yeah, take that bitches!
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

We went to the dodgers game on friday night...Woohoo Go Dodgers. Anyways the guy who "attempted" to throw out the first pitch won it on one of the second chance mail end dealies. So I would agree with aurelemsrealm has a point. well at least it was entertaining for us when he hit the dirt a good 15 feet before the catcher and the ball went bouncing away : ) ... god I really am evil.
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

I'm just evil enough that I would make sure they knew that I won off one of those losing tickets they got mad about, and were just too lazy or spiteful to throw in the trash.

See, if you'd have just picked up after yourself instead of being the lazy-assed jerk who decides that it's my job to pick up after your sorry carcass, you might have won that jackpot. I told you about the second chance drawing, but you didn't listen to me and got screwed for it. Lesson is that the world would be a much better place if people would just listen to me.

Yes, that's somewhat of a glib dramatization, but it's all in fun, especially at the expense of the sucky customers of the world. God, I need a vacation from customer service, but I'd just settle for shipping all the customers I dislike to a remote island far away from me. Like my assistant manager said, she likes her job just fine except for the customers. LOL!
          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
            Like my assistant manager said, she likes her job just fine except for the customers. LOL!
            That's from the font of all wisdom, Randall Graves.
            Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
              The lottery whores are the bane of any c-store clerk's existence. The only good they bring for me are the losing lottery tickets that I can turn in on the second chance drawing without having to buy my own tickets. I just claim the losing tickets I find laying around the store in their wake, and submit their numbers on the net as if I'd bought them myself.
              Isn't that a bit... illegal? I don't know about where you live, but here, lottery employees are expected to dispose of tickets that are left behind, and can be fired if caught keeping discarded tickets for any reason.
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I scratch off tickets people drop after only scratching the code to see if they won.

Most idiots see the double triangle in the code and toss the ticket. I wonder how many would shit themselves in anguish if they knew double triangles meant cannot be cashed in store, due to being a losing ticket or being too big a winner. I also wonder how many $50,000 tickets have been tossed by lazy code scratchers.

Occasionally after seeing someone rip up a ticket I reveal this neat little fact that all the monster grand prizes are double triangle as well, then I watch them scramble to tape it back together, only to not beat the odds after all. Much lols.
                "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
                James from Pokémon.

Comment

Tollbaby, as far as I know, as long as the employee doesn't redeem any winnings on their shift while they are working, it's totally fine.

And with second chance.....it's their gain and the SC's loss!
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

ah.. See with the OLGC (Ontario Lottery and Gaming Commission), you would be fired for even retaining the ticket if you were caught. Wouldn't matter what you were retaining it for.
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                      ah.. See with the OLGC (Ontario Lottery and Gaming Commission), you would be fired for even retaining the ticket if you were caught. Wouldn't matter what you were retaining it for.
                      Different countries, different laws. Ah the joys of talking legalities when all the nations of the world (the ones with internet at least) are able to mention their local laws. I'm still getting over the TV License in England.
                      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                      X