X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On not respecting seior citizens. long

Kids have no respect!
    In wal-Mart we have those electric scooters that you can take around the store. They are for store use only, you cannot take them outside. Wew will provide a manual wheelchair if a customer needs it. But the electric scooters stay inside. Why?
    1. They are expensive as h-ll
    2. Being electric they are more prone to water damage
    3. We had one stolen
    4. They have no lights on them and are hard to see at night
    Still people don't get it They take them out and leave them in the middle of the parking lot, they snuff out their smokey treats on them, while waiting outside, one had a burn on the seat. They are quite rude tp our people greeters who will supply them with a cart or a wheelchair, if they need it.
    Here's one story:
    Me: as the door greeter
    SC: y'all know this one
    SCD: Sc's daughter
    Me: Ma'am you cannot take that outside.
    SC: I Need it!< Yeah, i saw you walk in, lady>
    ME: well, we have manual wheelchairs outside,would you like me to get you one?
    SC: NO!! GODDAMITT!! I NEED THIS CART!!! JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE TOOO LAZY TO GET THEM DOESN"T MEAN I"LL LEVE THEM HERE. YOU F-CKING WORTHLESS PUECE OF SHIT. tHEY SHOULDN'T HIRE LAZY SH-TS LIKE YOU, YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR SENIOR CITIZENS.
    SCD: YEAH, F-CKSH-T LET MT MOM TAKE IT OUT, OR YOU'LL BE HEARING FROM MY ATTORNEY AND THE AARP.
    ME: <spotting kicka-s manager moving in my direction> : Would you like to talk to a mamanger?
    SCD: OOh, you are volunteering to get fired??? We'll get you fired.
    M: Is there a problem here?
    SCD: HE WON"T LET MY MOM TAHE THE CART OUT> FIRE HIM AND GIVE US GIFT CARDS.
    M: You can't take these out and if you ever use profanity with any more of my assocaites i will have you thrown out of the building.
    SCD: I will call corporate.
    M: Go right ahead.
    SC and SCD leave
    Last edited by Crow The Robot; 09-19-2007, 10:48 PM. Reason: clarity

Seriously. Do these people think we make the rules up for our health? Our amusement?

I also love when people think they'll get us in trouble for following the rules that OUR MANAGERS tell us to follow.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Some seniors are nice, others are a bunch of entitlement whores. They the "i'm old gimmee something free/cheap". We had one of our electric carts stolen during a snow storm, our store is in a large shopping plaza with several other buildings. We found the cart at the farthest point from out store, yet still in the lot, crunched up by a plow. The old people used to get so pissed when we wouldn't take it outside despite the signs o the cart, and doors.

Comment

I had a senior talk forever about wich kitchen trash bag to buy.

Unexpectedly, she spoke loudly in a beligerant way. I politely said

"Your are raising your voice"

for about 30 seconds there was a Clint Eastwood-style of stare down, not a word spoken.

Then she resumed her normal conversation, and selected the bags she wanted.

(boy was I releaved when she left... she has the personality of a corporate complainer, as far as I know, she hasn't yet)

Comment

We have a Wal-Mart here that has special strollers that for a fee your kid can play video games while in the store. They have a feature that causes the wheels to lock if it is taken outside of the store.

Why can't they do something like that for the carts? Then it isn't a matter of an employee telling them not to take them outside.

Comment

I wonder if Walmart would consider taking some of its muli billion dollar profit and investing it in technology that would involve placing a sensor on each scooter that would shut it down if removed from the building. Either that or deliver a severe electric shock up the ass of the driver.

Just a thought.

Comment

No one gets my respect without earning it, especially senior citizens. So you didn't die yet, big deal.

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
                M: You can't take these out and if you ever use profanity with any more of my assocaites i will have you thrown out of the building.
                SCD: I will call corporate.
                M: Go right ahead.
                SC and SCD leave

At long last, a manager with a spine, one thing has always puzzled me, why dont spinless managers just flop about like a jelly fish out of water?
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

It's going to be between the youngsters and the elderly for the rest of time over who is more disrespectful.

I've seen so many little shits, spoiled brats, skanky tweens and prostitots, and worthless teenagers who will never amount to anything that it's sickening.

I've also seen so many rude, ignorant, angry, bitter, seething with rage senior citizens who DEMAND respect because they are old and fought alongside Caesar or were one of Jesus' disciples....

I lean more towards the elderly being more rude in general, but that can change on a daily basis.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ah, but the elderly have senility as their excuse. XD I can't wait to be an elderly person so I too can hit people with my walking stick, demand freebies for no reason, and annoy people by pretending to be deaf.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Oh I hope stores and logistics never progress and when I'm 60+ I can walk into a store screaming that I rioted with Hillary Clinton over equal pay for women and I am therefore entitled to a free senior coffee, and go to WalGreens with my enormous purse full of coupons dating back to 2015 and demand that the cashier still ring them up....I hope electric scooters are still around so I can scoot down the aisles of Wal-Mart and run over children and young adults so I can get the very first tube of Geritol after it's been stocked.........and to put the cherry on the sundae, I can't wait until I'm on a bunch of senior meds so I can have temper tantrums of toddler like proportions with the pharmacy techs over my Medicare plan (if that is still around). Then I want to go blow my entire SS checks every month at the local gas station scratching lotto tickets. I can't wait to get old!

Just kidding. If any of you ever meet me in the future, and I end up like that, shoot me.

Comment

Personally, I give seniors the benefit of the doubt...to a point.

My grandpa used to be the sweetest man in the world. He would have given a stranger the shirt off his back. He used to carry candy in his pockets and give it to sales people and wait staff, just because. He was always smiling and called every lady he met "sweetheart".

He is now in the early stages of Alzheimer's. I am losing the grandfather I know and love, and he is being replaced with a man who will yell at store clerks. He often gets confused and if a cashier isn't patient with him, he lashes out. His whole personality is changing.

I absolutely do NOT expect employees to put up with abuse from him. If myself or my mom or my grandma can't get him to back off, we will leave the store. But so many times I've wanted to go back and say to the clerk, "He never used to be like this! My grandpa is still in there somewhere, and he is as appalled by this behaviour as you are."

Anyway, its just something to consider. No one should have to put up with rude behaviour, but I try not to get angry about it. Because you never know someone's story, especially when it comes to the elderly.

(For the record, I think the old crank in the OP's story sounds like she's got her wits about her and is just a bitch. But she was probably also a bitch at the age of 30, you know?)

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                          Oh I hope stores and logistics never progress and when I'm 60+ I can walk into a store screaming that I rioted with Hillary Clinton over equal pay for women and I am therefore entitled to a free senior coffee, and go to WalGreens with my enormous purse full of coupons dating back to 2015 and demand that the cashier still ring them up....I hope electric scooters are still around so I can scoot down the aisles of Wal-Mart and run over children and young adults so I can get the very first tube of Geritol after it's been stocked.........and to put the cherry on the sundae, I can't wait until I'm on a bunch of senior meds so I can have temper tantrums of toddler like proportions with the pharmacy techs over my Medicare plan (if that is still around). Then I want to go blow my entire SS checks every month at the local gas station scratching lotto tickets. I can't wait to get old!

Just kidding. If any of you ever meet me in the future, and I end up like that, shoot me.
                          Don't forget digging around in your purse for all your small change so you can hold up the huge queue behind you as you pay for your shopping with pennies! XD
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

There won't be pennies by then, Lace...lol.....

I have a Nanna who has Alzheimers as well, and I understand that you never know anyone's life story. But like you said, you and your family don't expect cashiers to put up with your grampa's behavior, and I wouldn't expect anyone else to put up with my Nanna's behavior.

I refuse to go out in public with Nanna anymore after she humilated all of us at lunch once. There was a young white couple who had a black baby. No big deal, right? Maybe adopted, maybe babysitting, maybe a neice or nephew? Who cares, right?

Nope. Nanna had to tug at all of our sleeves and say "Can you BELEIVE that couple has a COLORED baby? Look at that black baby!"

Yes, I'm evil and heartless by being embarrassed by my Nanna. But words could not describe how sorry I felt for that couple. They didn't deserve that kind of treatment or those words by a stranger.

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
                              SCD: OOh, you are volunteering to get fired??? We'll get you fired.
                              It might seem petty, but after the manager was done, I would have liked to turn to the SCD and whine, "You said you were going to get me fired!"

Or maybe not...
                              Experience is knowing how not to get your teeth kicked in - again. -- The Freethinker

"And that... entitles you to no mercy at all, no matter what." -- from Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X