This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4:45 pm on a holiday weekend...

...is, of course, the BEST time to call and demand a manager kiss your ass.

Customer who already had established herself as high maintenance called today, telling my CW that the supervisor had promised to keep running her ad FOR FREE until her items had all sold.

Not. In. A. Million. Years.

Not THIS supervisor. Actually, not any supervisor we've had in the last ten years.

Customer said she was going to stay on the line until we found her a manager to talk to. CW informed her that, as it's Good Friday, all the dept. managers blew out of here like the wind at least 15 minutes ago - if they were even in at all. Customer eventually hung up, scam thwarted...

CW emailed the supervisor about it. Should be interesting to see what happens on Monday.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

I remember when staying on the line was
    A valid threat. It used to be, if one of the parties
    On the line didn't hang up, the call stayed connected.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      I remember when staying on the line was
      A valid threat. It used to be, if one of the parties
      On the line didn't hang up, the call stayed connected.
      Yeah, true. But if they call at 4:45, and the managers have left already, you could have just left them on the line and left yourself.

Mwah ha ha ha!!!
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
        Yeah, true. But if they call at 4:45, and the managers have left already, you could have just left them on the line and left yourself.

Mwah ha ha ha!!!
        That would be amusing, to walk in the next business day and they're still there...SC, you made the call, you're paying for it, knock yourself out!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

What would have been awesome is if they were setup like some companies where there is a manager ring group. Just throw em on eternal hold

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            CW emailed the supervisor about it. Should be interesting to see what happens on Monday.
            Either nothing or CW will be accused of being rude.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Meh. 4:45 pm is an okay time to call. But if you really need to get things done, one knows it's best to ring at 4:55 pm.

Comment

Quoth Coconut View Post
                Meh. 4:45 pm is an okay time to call. But if you really need to get things done, one knows it's best to ring at 4:55 pm.
                I've had that happen, too. People who want all kinds of long, detailed, complicated combinations of rate packages given - over the phone - at almost 5 pm on a Friday of a holiday weekend.

How's that old saying go, "Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency"
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post

Mwah ha ha ha!!!
                  For us, when the customer calls it's always an "emergency" even though the detector or system has been in trouble/alarm mode for the last week.
                  Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                  X