This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Motor Club:

Do you think it's really POSSIBLE, let a lone PROBABLE that in the span of 30 minutes, we could find, inspect, arrange financing, purchase, transport to our location, repaint, reletter, tag, title, insure and have ready to go, a $100K + heavy-duty wrecker?

Do you?

You apparently do.

Because when we turned down that motor home tow you tried to give us, because we didn't have a truck big enough to do it. Well, guess what, here it is 22 minutes and a few commercials later, you're trying to give it to us again, and we STILL don't have a truck big enough!

Sheesh.

It's like I'm living in a real-world version of a Pac Man game, I'm the only thinking entity on the map. The rest keep following a preset program. You can try to reason with them, bargain with them, plea with them, but they never change or waver in their behaviors. They just keep going and going and going and going until they, eventually, crash into you and kill you.
    Last edited by Argabarga; 04-22-2014, 04:37 PM.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Is this the same motor club as the last few motor club posts have mentioned?
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Non-Spoiler Alert: Yes

Comment

Wow... the collective IQ must be in the negative.
        It's not the years in you life that count, it's the life in your years! - Quote from the office coffee cup.

Comment

They must REALLY have pissed off 90% of their towing companies...and are now working on the last 10%...
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            Do you think it's really POSSIBLE, let a lone PROBABLE that in the span of 30 minutes, we could find, inspect, arrange financing, purchase, transport to our location, repaint, reletter, tag, title, insure and have ready to go, a $100K + heavy-duty wrecker?
            Not to mention if driver has to be trained on the beast...

Quoth Tama View Post
            They must REALLY have pissed off 90% of their towing companies...and are now working on the last 10%...
            This sounds more than probable. So let's keep working on sweeping that last 10% into the dumpster!

Comment

Well, can you just go check if you have one in the back??

plz dont kill me
              Last edited by MadMike; 04-23-2014, 12:33 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post. We've already read it.

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
                Well, can you just go check if you have one in the back??
                You almost got me to spit my milkshake on the screen for that one.

It's caramel fudge, tho, and I don't waste the good stuff no matter how funny something is.
                Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Caramel....fudge...milkshake....???

It's official. I've been disarmed of any witty replies I might have had to an Argabarga story.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Was the tow request even in your city, or some location 50 miles away where they had already ticked everyone off?

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Caramel....fudge...milkshake....???

It's official. I've been disarmed of any witty replies I might have had to an Argabarga story.
                      *shrug* If you're up Ohio way, there's a chain called UDF (United Dairy Farmers) that does hand-dipped milkshakes and make both caramel and fudge milkshakes with your choice of ice cream and white or chocolate milk. I imagine they'd combine them without too much fuss. A personal favorite is a cherry milkshake made with chocolate milk.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                        *shrug* If you're up Ohio way, there's a chain called UDF (United Dairy Farmers) that does hand-dipped milkshakes and make both caramel and fudge milkshakes with your choice of ice cream and white or chocolate milk. I imagine they'd combine them without too much fuss. A personal favorite is a cherry milkshake made with chocolate milk.
                        Mmmmm .... boyfriend, first warm spring Saturday, blueberry milkshakes and whole wheat doughnuts, windows cranked down on the mustang, cranking some Led Zep enjoying Yellow Springs OH. I really enjoyed 1982.
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

It was local, for once, not that it made a difference, might as well have been trying to have us tow Queen Elizabeth II

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                            It was local, for once, not that it made a difference, might as well have been trying to have us tow Queen Elizabeth II
                            I wonder if they found some poor sucker to actually do it.
                            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                              I wonder if they found some poor sucker to actually do it.
                              Yep. Some guy by the name of Tow Mater.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X