This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, it Doesn't Work That Way

I really hate customers who push and whine and piss and moan simply to get what they want. Even when they’ve been told what we CAN and ARE able to do for them. And they still persist. and in the end, get their way.

BG: my store will do price adjustments ONLY on stuff that’s actually marked down, aka permanently on sale. If you buy it at full price, and within 14 days it gets marked down, yes, you can have the adjustment.

We do not do adjustments on promos aka temp. sales. You buy it, its then x percent off, oh well, too bad. Although we will, since enough scream, return and repurchase at the lower price, IF and only IF you bring back the merchandise, unworn, with the receipt. We will not do it just with the receipt. That’s just the way things go. end BG

Nasty lady sat night, did a return, then spent a good 10 minutes scrutinizing her receipt. I had a feeling she was going to be trouble, and I was right. First she wants to know why she didn’t get the discount on the items she bought earlier in the week (I was on that night too, and recognized her)

Simple answer – promo hadn’t yet begun. Then wanted to know would be give her an adjustment. Told her what I said above, you need to bring it in, with receipt, and yes. Well, she lives and hour away, blah blah blah. Which is BS since we have stores all over, but anyway, she was not happy.

Then asked the manager could she buy them now, and then return them with the first receipt, where she paid full price. Manager told her no, we can’t do that. then she said ok, I’ll just buy these then, and we figured she’d return the others some other time. Manager goes back as she had been closing out and counting, and leaves me to ring her up. Nope.

I do, and she then hands them to me, with her old receipt, saying she wants to return them. I told her no, I’m sorry we can’t DO that. I know it sounds nitpicky, but if we make exceptions for everyone, what’s the point of having the policy at all? She starts screeching how it’s the same exact item (yes it is) and how she wants another manager, one higher up, blah blah blah.

Well, I am NOT going to call another manager at home for this, nor am I going to call CS as they’d tell her the same thing. I said I’m sorry but we have to follow policies put in place by CORPORATE. Well, what about customer service, etc. she says? I really wanted to say, we give awesome CS in MY store (and other customers have said they prefer us to other locations), but you're asking for something we can't and don't do.

in the end, we did it, to shut her up and get her the eff out. I was shaking I was so angry, pissed that we gave in but had we not, we would have been there ALL night. So once again, the SC pitches a big enough fit, and wins.

I hate when customers piss and moan for things they KNOW we aren’t supposed to do, and that they also know if they make a big enough fuss, we’ll give in. we really did it for our benefit, to get her out, but she got her way.

Sad to say that if SC's scream long enough, they eventually get what they want. They don't give a shit about store procedure & policy. I've seen it all too often when I worked at Wally World.

Comment

I hate people like this. To them, customer service means "I can have whatever I want." That is not customer service! That's catering to someone's personal whims and desires, regardless of policy or any other factor.

In the end, was it even worth it to her? Did she really save SO much money?
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Why is it when SC bitches about not getting their way, they always bring in the old and tired "but what about customer service??" What about it? What the SC really meant was "how far can i make you bend backwards to kiss my butt?" We shouldn't have to take it up the chute because you want it your way despite it going against corporate policy.
        there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

She did save a decent amount, about $20, maybe. I can't recall if what she bought was a price point or not, but yes, regardless of policy, they've learned if they scream long and loud enough, they get there way.

Pisses me off. same with our return policy. its 90 days, and has been that way for at least 5 yers. used to be anything goes, but now its not. I STILL get customers who come in and claim they "didn't know" it had changed. Nice try. If its within the time frame, no problem. if not, sorry, no can do, and nothing you say will mke me change my mind.

Comment

I think I might have had the balls to whip out my phone, asked her to smile for the camera, then take a photo. If she asked why I would have replied, "because now you are banned from this store and our associated stores. Have a good night, and I hope it was worth it..."

Comment

I'm actually quite lucky where I work - our policies are basically locked in stone unless we screwed up royally. Anything more than about $50 of payments that are ex-gratia (that is to say, outside the terms of the policy) have to go to senior management to authorise - and the senior manager who does the authorisation will not approve them unless there is an actual case for it.
              Last edited by TimmyHate; 04-28-2014, 08:37 PM. Reason: fixing typos cause I fail english. unpossible.
              How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Customers get away with stuff at my store too - what bugs me the most is that one manager will give in and another one won't, so it's inconsistent. We got a new store manager recently so he's been cleaning out the back and putting all kinds of random stuff on clearance (a whole different kind of PITA) and another cashier I was working with today got this nasty SC who was complaining about ten cents off of something going round and round. Luckily the manager who came to help told the SC a big NO.
                Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

Quoth MelindaJoy77 View Post
                  and another cashier I was working with today got this nasty SC who was complaining about ten cents off of something going round and round. Luckily the manager who came to help told the SC a big NO.
                  But it's the principle of it!!

Comment

Working...
                  X