This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    I had LASIK in 1999 which gave me 20/20 vision. Before that I was 20/700.

At my age I now need reading and computer glasses, but it's wonderful not have to wear glasses all the time.
    It's been 4 1/2 years since I had my surgery, and to this day I still find myself occasionally reaching up towards my face to adjust my now non-existent glasses.

Comment

In some cases the culprit could also be Facebook. They don't just create shadow profiles of individuals. They create pages for businesses too, sometimes with inaccurate info. And they don't offer any way to correct or remove it unless the business owner or authorized agent creates an account.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
        The "forgot my glasses" thing is one of my pet peeves.
        For me, the constant annoyance was people who would ALWAYS want to pay with a check, but would consistently neglect to bring a pen to write the damned thing, ask to borrow mine, and then invariably end up trying to walk off with it. And get pissy if I asked for my pen back, or worse, if I didn't have one for them to use.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
          In some cases the culprit could also be Facebook. They don't just create shadow profiles of individuals. They create pages for businesses too, sometimes with inaccurate info. And they don't offer any way to correct or remove it unless the business owner or authorized agent creates an account.
          Google kindly mailed me a letter letting me know my home address was now being publicised as the physical location for a club of which I was chairman, complete with photo of the building! Fortunately I just had to log in with any Google account and disavow such an association to make it go away, and I'd been using a purpose-made Google email for my club dealings to maintain records and separation from my home life, so it was fixed swiftly enough... But if that letter hadn't showed up, I'd never have known!
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
            And get pissy if I asked for my pen back, or worse, if I didn't have one for them to use.
            "Sorry, someone already walked off with my last pen."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              I also have a small nose and my glasses were all the time sliding down. And still do.
              My greatest disappointment was that I inherited the nose from the paternal side of my family, rather than the maternal. I have a stupid little nose that is bugger-all good for keeping glasses up and means I have to make sure any glasses/sunglasses have adjustable nose pieces, while my mum, cousin and aunt all have lovely proud Greek noses, perfect for glasses.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                My greatest disappointment was that I inherited the nose from the paternal side of my family, rather than the maternal. I have a stupid little nose that is bugger-all good for keeping glasses up and means I have to make sure any glasses/sunglasses have adjustable nose pieces, while my mum, cousin and aunt all have lovely proud Greek noses, perfect for glasses.
                I feel for you. My dad had the American Indian nose. But not me.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I'll trade any of you who are complaining of small noses. Maybe this is why my glasses don't slide. I still would rather have an adorable button nose... One time an artist friend said that my nose made my face "interesting" and I know she meant it as a compliment but... No.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                    I still would rather have an adorable button nose... One time an artist friend said that my nose made my face "interesting" and I know she meant it as a compliment but... No.
                    I beg to differ. I have always found this actress adorable! Now try telling me that she has a "button nose".

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                      One time an artist friend said that my nose made my face "interesting" and I know she meant it as a compliment but... No.
                      That's sometimes called "jolie-laide", in what I think is the commonest interpretation of that idea. Angelina Jolie is often cited as an example.

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                        I get this on the healthcare side too (I'm also someone who can't go to the bathroom in the middle of the night without glasses, so I really don't understand people who leave them lying around). And it drives me bonkers. You're coming to the hospital/doctor's office. You're going to have to fill out paperwork and/or sign consent forms. Why don't you have your glasses?!

This past spring I went to a CEU meeting and one of the topics was barriers to our patients, and one actually brought up the glasses thing. Sometimes it's a cover for the fact the person is either illiterate or doesn't understand what they're reading but doesn't want to admit it.
                        While I can find the bathroom without my glasses I'd better not be driving without them with my depth perception issues. I must be strange; in the 35+ years I've been wearing glasses, I've never lost a pair. Broken them, yes. But never lost them.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                          That's sometimes called "jolie-laide", in what I think is the commonest interpretation of that idea. Angelina Jolie is often cited as an example.
                          It's said that Cleopatra fit this description.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
                            Same, except I've had mine since age 5. i see diddly squat without them. as in like 2 inches tops in front of my face before stuff gets blurry
                            My vision's about that bad (got glasses at 6yo). I can manage middle-of-the-night bathroom trips without them or lights. I know my apartment well enough to navigate, and being female, when I'm actually taking care of business, aim is not an issue.
                            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                            X