This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
    Today, I got the client everyone dreads. Very nice person, birth year in the 40's and very confused about what is happening today. Every single question takes a painful amount of time to get an answer. They are always very nice, but not well centered as to time and place.

I knew things were going to be bad when she told me that she had never applied before and I could clearly see that she had applied and been denied as over-income in April of this year. When I mentioned that it would be the same process as when she was in on April XX, she said "I don't remember that."

*snip*

She was very nice and sweet during the whole ordeal and thanked me when we were done. She honestly didn't remember anything about the last time she applied, and had no idea that her last worker, as well as me spent more than a few minutes trying to find her husband's social security number (unsuccessfully) because it had "slipped her mind".

Very, VERY hard case because she was breaking my heart.
    It sounds like she might not be all there, possibly early dementia. Should she have a responsible adult involved?
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      You left out Valentine's Day.
      Oh, and MLK day and Washington's birthday.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

How could I have forgotten about Veteran's day? The Marine Corp Ball is the only time I wear a dress (and its not just a dress, its a custom made scarlet and gold ballroom gown).

Quoth greek_jester View Post
        It sounds like she might not be all there, possibly early dementia. Should she have a responsible adult involved?
        She probably should. However, Adult Protective Services wouldn't get involved if an uninvolved party were to call because a senior seemed confused, but was still healthy and able to care for themselves.

Plus, that isn't my job. My job is very strictly defined and it doesn't involve taking the time to make an APS report every time I interview a person who doesn't seem to be all with it. I have 13 months and 7 days until retirement. I can do this thing, there is an end date.

Comment

Working...
        X