This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Race to Ruin Christmas!

Who will be the winner to be the first to ruin someone's Christmas this year? Black Friday is coming up, and those forced to work retail on THURSDAY! THURSDAY! THURSDAY! have an early lead.

i replied to someone on Reddit about the same thing when I had an idea. That is to reply back, "Well look at the bright side. Now instead of buying gifts for everyone since Christmas is ruined, you can either save money or buy everything for yourself!"

Anyone else have any good comebacks to ruining Christmas?

SC-"You just ruined Christmas!"
    You-*Rings a bell*
    SC-"What was that? Why you ring bell?"
    You-"Every time I ruin someone's Christmas, I ring the bell so the guy in Apparel can mark down the score. 3 more ruins and I can trade in for that nice no-stick pan set"

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
      You-*Rings a bell*
      You-"Every time I ruin someone's Christmas, I ring the bell so the guy in Apparel can mark down the score. 3 more ruins and I can trade in for that nice no-stick pan set"
      Don't forget about the Angel that gets its wings, too...
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
        You-*Rings a bell*
        2nd place: set of steak knives
        3rd place: YOU'RE FIRED
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          2nd place: set of steak knives
          3rd place: YOU'RE FIRED

True enough, but it would be worth it.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Wow, I never thought about this! I should've taken a seasonal job this year and then I could've been in the running for this!
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Didn't someone already win this back in the spring?
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                I was thinking that happened in the week after Christmas last year.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                  Don't recall back in spring, but someone posted something about a woman losing food stamps because of new income, and complaining about ruining Thanksgiving, and someone else chiming in that it ruined things for her all the way through Easter...

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                    Don't recall back in spring, but someone posted something about a woman losing food stamps because of new income, and complaining about ruining Thanksgiving, and someone else chiming in that it ruined things for her all the way through Easter...
                    Raises hand proudly, that would be me!

I am so awesome that I can even ruin Thanksgiving retroactively (in a government sort of way). Woman today was in to renew her food stamps for 01/2019. This late in 11/2018 means that she has already received her food stamps for 11/2018. (On the 9th if I remember correctly.)

Woman forgot her pay stubs, wanted me to call her employer. I did, her boss got a little miffed because woman always does this and boss didn't have time to look all that stuff up now. Boss also said that boss had personally taken woman to the work computer and walked her through the process to check her pay stubs and print them out after every other renewal because she was tired of having to do this and refused to do this for her again.

I told woman that boss wasn't able to verify over the phone, but would show her how to get her pay stubs online. Woman threw a screaming fit because I didn't force her boss to give me that information NOW! (Still not sure how I can possibly force anyone to do anything over the phone, especially when its something they don't have to do at all.) Her language got quite bad and the security guard led her off, but not before I heard those magic words "You f***ing b****, I hope you are proud, you just ruined my children's Thanksgiving!" (Over her food stamp renewal/payout for 01/2019)

As FoodLady has mentioned, logic doesn't seem to be a thing anymore.

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
                      "Every time I ruin someone's Christmas, I ring the bell..."
                      "Every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings."

-- "It's a Wonderful Life", 1946

Comment

"God ruin us every one!"

-- Tiny Tim, "A Christmas Debacle"

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                          Raises hand proudly, that would be me!

I am so awesome that I can even ruin Thanksgiving retroactively (in a government sort of way). Woman today was in to renew her food stamps for 01/2019. This late in 11/2018 means that she has already received her food stamps for 11/2018. (On the 9th if I remember correctly.)
                          (Symphonic music plays, cut camera to other workers (nominated but who didn't win) clapping and congratulating Slave to the Phone, guest host helps Slave up to the stage...)

Comment

Quoth farmkid View Post
                            "Every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings."

-- "It's a Wonderful Life", 1946
                            "Daddy, teacher says, every time a bell rings, a guy gets his gas cap back!"

"Well, your teacher's full of SNOT!!!"
                            Goofy music!
                            Old tech junk!

Comment

Working...
                            X