X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're heeeere ...

These are stories I was told today.

First there was the guy who wanted to price-match something. No problem, because we do do price-matching. But here's the rub: the competition had the item for $150. At our store, he had paid ... $130.

I was told this by today's head cashier.

Me: "So, what, he wanted to pay MORE??"

No, of course not. You guys know how this goes: the original price at our store was, I dunno, maybe $150 as well, but it was on sale when he bought it. But he still felt he deserved a $20 rebate.

P.S. He didn't get it.

And secondly, we got one of THEM.

Customer comes to the self-checkouts. Has a bit of a problem; head cashier goes over to help. He then uses his card, which is declined.

Customer: "So what kind of compensation am I gonna get for wasting my time here today?"

Answer: none.

There was also some story about a lady and some doorknobs but I'm a bit vague on the details. I'll get 'em straightened out and post it in the next few days.

There is, however, a fourth story about a customer who felt she deserved two discounts. One was, I believe, the $25 off $100 coupon on her receipt, which was scanned, but she then felt she deserved a 10% off discount because the items in question were in fact on sale.

BUT ... as I've mentioned here before ... our computers literally won't let us use two discounts if both are scannable. She argued and pestered and protested and ... the head cashier (a different one than the one in the above three incidents) finally caved and manually gave her the 10% discount.

"Lovely," I said. "So now the customer knows that nagging works, and next time she's got the additional ammunition of 'But you did it for me LAAAAAST time!'"

However, if she gets the head cashier in the first three incidents, she is going to find herself arguing with a brick wall. The most she'll get will be "Well, perhaps she did, but she should not have, and I'm sorry but I'm not going to." This woman takes no crap from anybody. She's a great HC.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Sooo, apparently the new thing is "I should get a discount because this was already on sale when I bought it"??? ....WTF?

And dude whose card was declined should be paying you guys for wasting your time dealing with his maxed-out ass.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I used to get something weird like this at the fabric store.

For example, the customer wants four yards. There are only three yards. Customer wants a discount because there isn't as much as they want. "Is there a deal if I take this, since I really need more?"

No. Why would there be? If you need more, order it or choose something else. "But you guys give a discount on remnants!"

Yes. Because that is an amount less than a yard, hence the name "remnant." And it's going to be sold at a discount anyway. This is three yards of perfectly good fabric, if you want a discount, show me a coupon.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

And if you give a discount next time the amount the customer wants will magically be half a yard more than you have left.
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
        X