This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Do It Anyway, Please

So, at times at The Client, a user's workstation may lose its connection to the network. Some features will still work, but others will return network errors. This is a common issue, and easily fixed. Nine times out of ten, rebooting the workstation will restore that network connection and everything will work fine.

Naturally, I get plenty of users who whine and complain about having to reboot, because "I don't want to lose my work." It is sometimes possible to save what work they have to My Documents (which still works most of the time despite the network issue), but sometimes it isn't. Regardless, there is NO OTHER WAY to proceed with fixing this network issue without first rebooting the workstation.

No, I can't try anything else, because I don't have the ability to do it, and would have to send a trouble ticket up to my supervisors or tier II, and both will ask me why I didn't have you reboot. And no, stating in the ticket "User refused to reboot" will not work, because they'll send it back down to me and tell me to have you reboot anyway.

Seriously, I understand it's annoying, having to sit there for several minutes while the workstation logs you out, then shuts down, reboots itself, and then have to log back in and wait for it to load your profile and everything. But if I tell you that you have to do it, just do it.

Sigh.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!
Working...
X