This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great online auction site

So, my (winter) job is getting cut. But I get a new one! I get to find out how to replace the old one.

Let me explain.

So, the Great Online Auction Site (also known as a backwards YABE), paired with the Great Online Pay-Service, are having a feud with Our (Internet-)Search Overlords. So, traffic to that site, and our store on that site, are dropping fast.

Now the GOAS is going to take it out on the sellers by cutting the discount for top sellers from 20% to 5%. My bosses are pissed.

So now I have to figure out how to make an online store.

For obvious reasons, GOAS is out of the question, as is backwards-nozama (apparently boat parts don't sell too well there.)

Any thoughts?

I don't know how well boat parts do there, but I've seen several online stores that are run from backwards oohay.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Where is the physical store located, or is it just a warehouse only? Are there marinas nearby? Can you put up flyers? Can boat shops do consignment at all?

Comment

We do consignment for other boat shops. The physical store is located in the stix. We've been using GOAS to sell off the stock that came with the place. Some of it was dated in the 1920s. There's no local market for it.

Comment

If you still have the old boat parts there is one last place in Gloucester MA that restores old boats. Contact them, they might have use for some of it.

Comment

Or you do it the hard way and set up your own webshop. I guess this is the most expensive solution, because you not only need the webspace etc, but a marketing strategy as well, buying ads in magazines, banner ads on portals etc. In the long run it might pay off, though.
            No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Working...
            X