This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You must REALLY want the password....

Like pretty much all ISPs we can only give things out like passwords etc if a person is an authorized user.

Here we go with this lady....

SC: I forgot the password to my email. I need to look at some very important emails.

Me: *Looks, doesn't see her name anywhere on the account.* I'm sorry, but as you're not an authorized user I cannot release the info to you.

SC: I'm the guy's wife I'm entitled to his password!

Me: Being that you're not an authorized user it's against security policy for me to release the info to you, if you really need the password have your husband call us, or call us when he's there so we can speak to him so we can release the info to you.

SC: I'm not bothering my husband at his job for this, now give me the password!

Me: As was stated before you're not an authorized user so....

SC: *Cuts me off* JUST GIVE ME THE GOD DAMN MOTHER FUCKING PASSWORD!

Me: Whoa, ma'am, there's not need to hurl profanity just because I'm doing my job....

SC: You're being a hardass!

Me: Okay ma'am now you're hurling insults, I'm going to urge you to keep this call professional....

SC: This is bullshit! BYE!

*Click*

I checked the notes on the account, and she told the next tech that I was "rude" to her, but that tech told her the same thing about not being able to give her the password and she flipped out on him too.

The email in question? It had her husband's name on it. I bet she wanted the password so she can spy on him to see if he's having an affair.

Did you let SC's husband (your actual client) know that she's trying to hack his email account? Now THAT would be a fly-on-the-wall moment!

Comment

Banking password

My Mom`s banking password for handling her accounts over the phone somehow messed up. And of-course the bank could not confirm her over the phone because of the mix-up, which they did acknowledge was on their side.

However, to confirm Mom ID and to give her a new password, they needed her to come in with picture ID and key in her new password herself!

For the next three weeks she made every excuse under the sun to NOT go to the bank to be confirmed, yet spent the entire time bitching about not being able to access her accounts over the phone.
      Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 03-22-2012, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Or just plain nosy

Quoth sld72382 View Post
        The email in question? It had her husband's name on it. I bet she wanted the password so she can spy on him to see if he's having an affair.
        Sometimes not even to spy, some women just can`t stand the guy knowing/having something they don't. One girl I use to go out with could not stand me using a map to know where were when we went canoeing. This got so bad that I bought two maps for one trip, she insisted that she still needed my map to see where we were.

I gave her my map and then stop paddling, and refused to continue till I got my map back. Note: she had her own copy in the bag in front of her and it still took a 30 minute stand-off before she returned my copy.

Other things like this also happened with her, so I know it was not a one time event.

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post
          Maybe not My parents are the opposite; they share the same email addy (have for years, different domains) and it's primarily her name (hard to explain, but you get the gist of it). He's also not named on any of their accounts (convenience, he NEVER calls support anyway) ... Finally, after MANY many years, she's gotten me to set him up a GMail account in his own name
          ... Still haven't gotten any emails tho. Wonder if he's even using it yet....
          Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
          What's the difference?
          We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
          X