This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making it official

For a number of years my husband and I have pretty much told God, our friends, and my family (his is all gone) that we're married. On Thursday, we're going to tell the government too. Nothing fancy, we're just going to a JP but it will be nice to officially be a Mrs.

I won't have time to deal with all the name change rigamarole before I fly out to Alaska on Saturday, so, for now, my plan is to officially keep my maiden name and then change it to his when I get back into town in September.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

And have a good trip!
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

What Pixelated said!

Comment

Thank you both. I'm going to be working in Middle of Nowhere, Alaska again for the winter and then I'll be in Montana for the summer. Still, I'm pretty happy.
        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth Teysa View Post
          For a number of years my husband and I have pretty much told God, our friends, and my family (his is all gone) that we're married. On Thursday, we're going to tell the government too. Nothing fancy, we're just going to a JP but it will be nice to officially be a Mrs.

I won't have time to deal with all the name change rigamarole before I fly out to Alaska on Saturday, so, for now, my plan is to officially keep my maiden name and then change it to his when I get back into town in September.
          The easiest way to change your name is to do it on the marriage license. After that you just have to tell everyone about it.

If you don't change it on the marriage license, a more complicated legal process is involved.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

^ Good advice for the possible future.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Congratulations!
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
              X