Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, let's see what my cats think of this ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, let's see what my cats think of this ...

So I'm browsing through the website for my now-defunct store (my final shift was yesterday; doors close for good at 6 p.m. today ) and under "Sale teas" I see "Blah-blah herbal tea."

Only I read it as "Blah-blah HAIRBALL tea."

Think I'll pass on that one.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

My cats would love that tea

Comment

My brother bought me some catnip tea years ago. The tea wasn't bad, but it was much more interesting giving the teabags to my cats and watching their response.

Had to be unused teabags, though. They weren't interested in used ones, nor were they interested in the tea itself.
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

How much $ do you have to cough up found that tea?
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Bad Rosco! Bad, very bad Rosco!!! Smacks you on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

I am a cat slave, and I have a place to grow catnip which I do because my feline overlords expect it.

I once read that catnip tea is very relaxing at bedtime, so I tried it. I suspect that drinking it without cats in the room would be much more relaxing than trying to fight the cats off to take a sip.

Comment

When I was younger (ok, WAY younger) we would go up to my grandparents farm for holidays. We would go across the road to the great-grandparents farm and pick catnip for our cat. She was always so excited to see us when we got back for some reason.
            "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Catnip is easy to grow yourself in a fair range of climates. Warning: Very, very, easy... it's in the mint family. Maybe not in the garden, lest it take over....

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                Catnip is easy to grow yourself in a fair range of climates. Warning: Very, very, easy... it's in the mint family. Maybe not in the garden, lest it take over....
                It flowers heavily and the honeybees love it...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I had mine is a 12" raised bed. It froze back each winter (zone 9b, but the odd winter freeze or two), but came back each summer. I had enough dry for myself and then share out to relatives. All cat owning relatives were sad when I sold the house and left the catnip behind! Oddly, no stray cats appeared to be interested in it growing and soft. I never saw a cat by it when they were going through the back yard.

Comment

In the last city in which I lived, there was a friend in a neighbouring town who mentioned a house in that town which grew catnip. She said you'd always see passed-out cats all over the property ... it was the town's "kitty crack house."

I'd like to grow it indoors but I've never had enough sunlight for it (or any herb) to flourish. Oddly my two current cats show minimal interest in it. Some of my previous cats, I swear, didn't sober up for two or three days.
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Pix - Supposedly, from what I've heard, about 1 in 4 cats aren't affected by catnip at all (adults -- if it made a kitten act like a kitten, how would you know?)...Also, some, including the last 3 cats I had, don't go nuts on catnip; they just go straight to the "doped up" stage. Came in very handy for vet trips.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                        In the last city in which I lived, there was a friend in a neighbouring town who mentioned a house in that town which grew catnip. She said you'd always see passed-out cats all over the property ... it was the town's "kitty crack house."

I'd like to grow it indoors but I've never had enough sunlight for it (or any herb) to flourish. Oddly my two current cats show minimal interest in it. Some of my previous cats, I swear, didn't sober up for two or three days.
                        Quoth EricKei View Post
                        Pix - Supposedly, from what I've heard, about 1 in 4 cats aren't affected by catnip at all (adults -- if it made a kitten act like a kitten, how would you know?)...Also, some, including the last 3 cats I had, don't go nuts on catnip; they just go straight to the "doped up" stage. Came in very handy for vet trips.
                        I heard it was only about 1 in 10 cats that were catnip-immune, but there are certainly some. Which leads to one of my old boss's stories: His past cat was one of the immunes. His yard also contained the local catnip patch. Which made his cat the feline king of the neighborhood... because every time another cat gave him trouble, he'd "invite them over", wait for them to get stoned, and beat the snot out of them! (Cats can be pretty evil. He had another cat who made use of a local highway to assassinate other pets in the neighborhood.)

Comment

Working...
                        X