This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mikkel View Post
    Europe has a lot of countries with a lot of districts which all of them have a traditional way of cooking .
    You may find some food you like, go a few hundred kilometres, and it's made differently.
    McDonalds will be the same from Svalbard to Gibraltar, though.
    Yeah I like mcdonalds lunch but not the breakfast. But it seems dumb to go all the way to Europe and eat that like some kind of stereotypical Merican...I would like to try something authentic, but I also don't want to try something and then choke. That's embarrassing. Actually, thinking about it some more, I do want to go to Ramsay restaurant since I am a fan of his and try the beef wellington. I've never tried it but it looks delicious!!! Anyone try this or went to his restaurants? Is it true that you need to book months ahead? :/
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Beef Wellington is yummy stuff! It also has very little in the way of "exotic" ingredients--it is mostly beef wrapped in a pastry crust with a brown sauce over it or on the side. The "exotic" ingredient is basically liver pate, but there isn't much of it, and there should be some chopped up marinated mushrooms in there as well.

I can be a finicky eater, but I think it is worthwhile to try the local cuisine pretty much anywhere I go. Especially if the alternative is preprocessed food-like substitute substance... (Yes, Mickey D's can be yummy, but I can get that at home!)
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
        In my experience, you might be slightly incorrect. While McDonalds does serve the same basic menu everywhere, there are additions depending to location. The ones in Hawaii and Japan also serve noodles. I have heard that the ones in Mexico serve rather substandard burritos, but I don't know that for a fact.

I like mustard, but I think that ketchup should be outlawed. Tomatoes are lovely. Tomato soup is great on a cold day. I live for Marinara sauce. Ketchup is a waste of perfectly good ingredients in my opinion.

Sometimes I'll grab a fast burger at lunch. I ALWAYS order it without ketchup, mayo only and about 75% of the time it still has ketchup. Dang, that stuff is vile

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post

I like mustard, but I think that ketchup should be outlawed. Tomatoes are lovely. Tomato soup is great on a cold day. I live for Marinara sauce. Ketchup is a waste of perfectly good ingredients in my opinion.

Sometimes I'll grab a fast burger at lunch. I ALWAYS order it without ketchup, mayo only and about 75% of the time it still has ketchup. Dang, that stuff is vile
          I liked ketchup as a kid, then hated it as a teen, and now its ok in little amounts. Working in a kitchen though, I can't help but shudder at the smell of it, it's everywhere and it smells so sour. Vinegar is the culprit, I believe! @$!# you, vinegar, you smell so bad!!! You ruin yummy tomatoes! I like tomatoes in everything except juice. Too much of a good thing I suppose.
          Can't reason with the unreasonable.
          The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

I will fight you all for ketchup. I love vinegar. We use it to clean at work and I like it there, too. But, I don't like raw tomatoes, you can have them. I only like them cooked and masked with yummy things like vinegar.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Can I fight some of you in ketchup? :P
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                Sorry to tell you, but no, it's really not! You can find a list of different dishes here.

Maccas also has a pretty illustrated version here.

And you may also find variations on toppings for things like McFlurries and whether or not alcohol is served.
                Last edited by KatherineB; 10-26-2017, 04:10 AM.
                "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Working...
                X