X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where’s. My. ****ing. MONEY!!!!!

Ugh, just....ugh....

As a moderator and long-term member of CS, I go out of my way to be pleasant to employees and not create undue problems, as I imagine most of you do a well. After all, we know better than most how sucky peo0e can be, and we don’t want to read about ourselves here!

However, sometimes getting angry is the only way to resolve a problem.....

To make a long story short, my wife and I put an offer on a house and paid a $1000 deposit to the real estate broker. After a disastrous home inspection in which illegal modifications and serious undisclosed structural problems were found (that is a whole other VERY long rant) we were forced to back out of the deal. The broker was supposed to refund the deposit within 10 business days.

They didn’t. Now we’re trying to complete an offer on another house and without that deposit money back, our budget has just gotten a lot tighter. So we reached out to our agent - who does not work for the same brokerage - to find out what the issue was. She called them, and the answer they gave was just unbelievable.

They didn’t issue our refund because the person in charge of the account has been on vacation!

That is a completely bullshit answer. This brokerage is a HUGE company with hundreds of offices across the US. Do you rally mean to tell me that there is NO ONE backing up that one person?

I replied to our agent and told her that while this was not her fault and I was not upset with her, I was FURIOUS with the brokerage. I told her quite clearly that their answer was not acceptable, and we needed the money ASAP.

She was very apologetic and promised to deal with it.

20 minutes later, I get a text saying they are overnighting the check.

Seriously though, i was ready to call their home office yelling and screaming, demanding the check be overnighted and what kind of two-bit outfit are they running blah blah blah. I run a copy center, and my company does not allow us to take time off without coverage being in place, and we don’t even handle money! I find it unbelievable that a major real estate brokerage would not make sure they have their AP people backed up when they are out.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    They didn’t issue our refund because the person in charge of the account has been on vacation!
    My BS translator gives me "I fucked up and didn't do my job, I didn't think anyone would notice. Here's a handy excuse."
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Brokerage - Coverage? What's coverage?
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I agree with Kittish - that answer sounds like total BS.

Comment

It is BS, which is what pissed me off so bad. I may be a first time home buyer, but that doesn’t mean I was born yesterday.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Actually, I'd translate it as, "Ugh, Charlie's off all week! I don't wanna do HIS work on top of my own! Screw it, it can wait until he gets back."

Bonus points if they were playing around on their phone or checking Facebook while thinking the above.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I don't think it was a case of someone making a mistake. I think they were trying to keep the money and hoped you would give up on it if they made you wait.

Comment

If the money had gone directly to the seller, maybe. But it was being held in escrow by a huge real estate brokerage. They do billions of dollars of business; I doubt they were trying to hustle me out of a grand.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

And the check arrived!

It was dated 11/14. They’d been sitting on it for a week. Fuckers.....,

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                    And the check arrived!

I hate to say this BUT

You are surprised by this WHY??????
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Never said I was surprised, just POed

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                        ... They do billions of dollars of business; I doubt they were trying to hustle me out of a grand.
                        You don't have to far go to find a penny ante big business!
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

We were ready to close on our new home. The seller was ready to close. The title company had the money and was ready to close. I took the day off work so we could close in the morning and spend the day playing around in our new home.

Oops, there is a delay. What is the delay? Its because the seller's lender couldn't seem to manage to give the title company the loan payoff amount.

According to the title company lady, there are some companies who will delay giving the mortgage payout amount for a few days just to collect a couple more pennies or even dollars on the loan and that this company was known to play that game. What can you expect when they still use horses to move their assets?

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                            Typical. You know that if the situation was reversed, you'd have received multiple threatening notices by now
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                            X