Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously? You didn't learn from last time?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously? You didn't learn from last time?

For Valentine's Day, my husband ordered me two dozen roses to be delivered to our house. Unfortunately, he ordered them to be delivered on the day that I was leaving to go out of town for a long weekend for a convention, so I didn't even get to see them for about 5 days. It was a sweet thought, just derp moment on his part that we laughed about.

My birthday is coming up later this week, and I am again going to be out of town for a convention, this time even longer than last time (nearly a week this time.) My parents knew this, and they also knew the story of the V-Day roses from a couple months ago...so what do they do?

They order cupcakes to be delivered to my door on the day I'm leaving.

These cupcakes have fresh whipped cream on them and appear to need to be refrigerated (they were cold when I got them, as if they had been kept chilled), and I am going to be in a car for 2ish hours tonight and 5+ hours tomorrow. I have already contacted the bakery that made them to ask how to store them, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to bring them with me. Even if they would hold up in a car for that long, I don't really want to take them with me; I am vending and already have a ton of boxes and stuff to keep track of.

Again...it was a sweet thought...but I would have thought they'd have known better after the roses debacle my husband pulled.

Also..in your lap, snacks for the long ride? Just a thought. Only if you are not driving solo that is. Otherwise, I would say freezing is your best bet.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

cupcakes are best transported and stored in ones tummy.
      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I hear you, Mag. Sometimes people have the best intentions and really are doing something nice, but it's at a bad time.

I don't know how many times, when my bf was on his other shift, that he'd come pick me up for lunch break so we could sit in one of our cars together and I could smoke (I don't eat on my lunch break because we have to leave the property to smoke) and he'd bring me fast food, even though I don't eat fast food during the week and I'd already eaten on my first break and don't generally get hungry again until my last break around 4 am.

And he'd get mad that I didn't want to keep the food, because I have a strict rule about not eating fast food during the week because I don't get to the gym or get spare time to work out as much.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
        X