Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crow is pretty much aware of the situation. Well, he knows what's been going on. I can't comment on the level of blinders he may be wearing. He does know that Neets changed the locks on her house and that Bug is no longer allowed there on her own, that Neets really isn't talking to her other than what is absolutely necessary, that Neets is, in her words "done" with Bug, and all the stuff about the car as well. He knows all this because, despite having been exes all of Bug's life, Crow and Neets are on good terms, and speak often, not because of Bug (and now Z-Man), but just in general, helping out with each other's kids, etc. They are basically friends, as are their respective spouses. It's all a pretty good situation...which is why none of us can figure out what the flying hell happened to make Bug such a pest.

But any thought of Crow seeking custody of Z-Man will have to come from his own mind, or be suggested by his wife or Neets, as it is not my place to suggest something that heavy to him. Beyond discussing politics and sports on facebook (and sometimes text--for example, today he texted me to let me know that, finally, ASU's athletic director had been fired), he and I don't really talk all that much.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Not surprisingly, the car in question was impounded by the cops, as I expected it would have been...Since they charge more each day it is in impound, it has now become a pointless idea to try to retrieve it, as it would cost more to do that than what the car is actually worth. Chances are that at some point, they will simply sell it at auction. I have no idea if this will affect Bug directly, creditwise or otherwise, and forgot to mention this possibility to Neets when I talked to her earlier today.
      In most municipalities, cars in this situation are sold sub-wholesale and the proceeds are not always applied to the debt.
      Bug will, in all likelihood, still have a debt and be boot-eligable. Some municipalities have been known to intiate garnishments and intercept tax refunds to collect those back fees.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

... This actually reminds me a lot of what my grandmother's sister went through- Try as she might to have been a good mother to her daughter, her daughter ended up screwing up her life BIG time, and her own son's life along with it. I'm not really privy to all the details, but one of her more recent (And spectacularly bad) decisions was to invest her last $800- which was set aside for bills and rent- in drugs to sell. They got seized by the cops in fairly short order. And her son... Best metaphor for his life thus far is one I saw happen to him in person- Nearly got himself run over by the Short Bus.

Comment

Working...
        X