Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I could handle it for a few months. Who knows, it might make me a better and more thoughtful person.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Do I have to return? Must I?

With the Internet and up to the second tv and copies of everything I ever want to read or watch or listen to, I will happily never return.

And when the end comes, I'll even already have the grave dug. All you'll have to do is fill it in in about 40-50 years.

When can I pack for this most desirious lifestyle?

Comment

I've actually spent a month with nothing at all scheduled, piles of books, piles of movies to watch, and with company, and I'll tell you right now, it gets really stale really fast.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Can I have my Dog's with me?
          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

I'd at least want to try it, not sure I could do it but it would be interesting.
            Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

I can safely say that I could not do it. Even if I survived not having contact with anyone even online during the day, at night I would freak the hell out. Being alone when the sun is still up is one thing. After it gets dark out, thanks but no.
              "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Animal companionship is allowed. As for the internet..no IM, no forums, no MMORPG..or any way else you might actually be able to contact a human being.

I'll agree about the six people mentioned..they got paid more..but their conditions were a bit more harsh also (besides having human contact). We are talking a tropical paradise, plenty of room..all you can eat/drink (and whatever you would like). Basically the lap of luxury.

I think I could go for six months (though I would miss a lot of people..especially Marm) .. longer..I don't know..honestly dont.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Oooh, I love my doggy more than any other human. As long as I have my ipod and some books and some gym equipment and some other unspeakable things , I will be set.

Comment

If I weren't married I'd probably do it. Bring my puppy, all the series and movies and books I want. Right now, 6 months without any human contact sounds pretty awesome.
                    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

If I could bring the cats, I could probably do it. Wouldn't necessarily enjoy it, but I'm pretty sure I could do it.

Comment

Aw, hells yeah.

Sounds like heaven to me. Of course, two or three months in I might change my mind.
                        Curiously Lydean - curious interests of a curious person.

Comment

If not for my boyfriend, I'd pack up my cats and say show me your island! Couple hundred books, decent pile of craft type tools, half a dozen computer games, some music, and my cats and I should be good to go for at LEAST six months.

At my MOST social, I have very limited face to face contact with maybe 4 people. In the MMOs I play (two of them) I actually only communicate with my boyfriend, and don't really play either without him. This is the only forum I participate in, and gee, how often do I post? Going with no human contact at all for months on end wouldn't faze me a bit. Hell, I've come very very close to actually doing just that, the years I spent as a truck driver. You'd be amazed at how easy it is to get thisclose to having no contact at all with anyone.
                          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I'd have plenty of time to write. Though I would insist on bringing my cat.
                            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I would do it.

As long as I could take my ferrets. I am recently single and need some time to re cooperate. My industry (Solar Energy) is about to go belly up so having a guarenteed income plus some extra would be excellent.
                              I have always been a bit of a loner, and if I had my books and ferrets, I think I would be ok. I have gone weeks without social contact before now and I would give it a shot. If I couldn't last the 6 months, I would still try and walk away with my head held high.

Question - If there was a death in the family (parents, sibling, spouse etc) would we be contacted? If not, I think I could only go knowing everyone was in decent health, which is not really an option atm
                              Last edited by shadowpanda; 03-27-2012, 05:43 PM.

Comment

I could do it for six months, no problems.

I was a Navy wife (twice). Six month cruises were the norm. Sometimes they came immediately after moving to a new duty station, where I knew absolutely no one locally. And I'm not one of these "jump in and get to know everyone around you" type of people, either. Used to call it "shy", now would actually say social anxiety of some sort.
                                And while in the latter cruises, there was email, earlier cruises were all letters and nothing else. Tell me where to sign up, I've trained for it all my life - and never got 10K, LOL.

Madness takes it's toll....
                                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X