Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back from the vet with Lulu. Turns out that not only was one of her claws actually puncturing her pad, the other claws on that foot were curled around to touch it. The vet gave her prescriptions for painkillers and a three week course of antibiotics. Lulu also has a bad skin condition, and the vet gave me pamphlets for all the places with dermatologists in the area.

Lulu's mom gets home tonight, so I'll go talk to them later. If she can't afford to take Lulu to the dermatologist, I'm going to try to get her to give Lulu up. Between now and then I'll spend time looking for a place that will take special needs dogs. I hate this.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

If she's a particular breed, ask the breed rescue.

Also, ask the vet clinic. Often they'll know who in the area is good with special needs dogs.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

she really owes you for the vet visits and the extra help.

Traditionally dogs depend on their paws for survival - holding food, hunting, running, etc. To let a dog go so far that the paws are being injured is... not good.

(as a side note - this is why we're not training Dublin to "shake hands". only we - or the vet or groomer - touch her paws )

Comment

Working...
        X