This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Docmayhem View Post
    Disclaimer - Salmonella is very bad for you. Consuming raw or undercooked eggs is dangerous.

12 oz of lowfat milk, chocolate syrup to taste, 1 raw egg - blend until frothy.

Beats canned protein drinks hands down.

Note: if you can get pasteurised scrambled eggs, they work OK. Personally, I put uncracked eggs in boiling water for about 25-30 seconds, just to be sure.
    I've been making "egg creams" for years with raw eggs with absolutely no adverse effects too

My recipe is 2 tbsp whipping cream, 2 raw eggs, 1/2 cup cold coffee, splash sugar-free vanilla syrup (I get mine from Starbucks) and a couple ice cubes. This is my breakfast each morning

Occasionally I'll switch it up with some frozen strawberries and/or frozen raspberries and instead of coffee I'll just add some water.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Greek yogurt, bananas, fresh ginger.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
        fresh ginger.
        Poor redheads.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
          ........yes I've also set a blender on fire beforehand DONT JUDGE ME.
          A blender, a toaster, remind me not to let you near my kitchen.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
            A blender, a toaster, remind me not to let you near my kitchen.
            Its not always THAT bad, lol! I just tend to set stuff on fire in the kitchen, is all. <.< There's a reason why I keep a fire extinguisher next to the fridge.
            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I have a friend that exploded spaghetti.

Just remember: don't confuse the time you add the water with the time you add the spaghetti.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Interestingly, adding porridge oats has stopped the separation - for now.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                  Its not always THAT bad, lol! I just tend to set stuff on fire in the kitchen, is all. <.< There's a reason why I keep a fire extinguisher next to the fridge.
                  I've never managed to set anything on fire in my kitchen, and I still keep a fire extinguisher in it.

Actually, the fact that I've never set it on fire makes me nervous. I can't help feeling that I'm due a really spectacular kitchen disaster.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I've set the toaster oven on fire, but I wasn't cooking. I was melting candles.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Strawberries, pineapple, orange juice, Greek yogurt (honey flavor)

I love a chai smoothie - vanilla soy milk, and chai tea concentrate over ice in the blender

One thing that you can do to help prevent the separation is to used crushed ice instead of cubed.... it blends smoother; additionally - after you make a smoothie, if it won't be drank all at once, put the remainder in the freezer, not in the fridge...
                      Last edited by Treasure; 04-04-2012, 03:42 PM.
                      I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
                        Strawberries, pineapple, orange juice, Greek yogurt (honey flavor)
                        What brand of yogurt do you prefer?

I recently started eating Greek yogurt, and Chobani seems to be rather better than the other two brands I tried.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                          I recently started eating Greek yogurt, and Chobani seems to be rather better than the other two brands I tried.

^-.-^
                          I tried to try the Chobani yogurt a couple weeks ago.
                          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                            There's a reason why I keep a fire extinguisher next to the fridge.
                            In case you set the fridge on fire?

Actually, I've had kitchen fires too. Twice with a wok, once making popcorn. In all three cases, clamping the lid on the wok/saucepan contained the fire long enough for me to get an oven glove on, then I carried the wok/pan out into the back yard, lid held firmly on in an oven-gloved hand, and waited till the fire smothered for lack of oxygen, and the contents cooled down. (My husband turned the stove off and supervised the stove area until he was sure it was safe there.)

Both woks and the saucepan were fine afterwards: soaked in water with lots of bicarb soda, and the burned stuff lifted off.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                            X